ClickUp is the world's only all-in-one productivity platform that flexes to the way people want to work. It replaces all individual workplace productivity tools with a single, unified platform including project management, document collaboration, spreadsheets, chat, goals, and more. On a mission to make the world more productive, ClickUp is headquartered in San Diego and scaling remotely and internationally. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, ClickUp helps millions of users to be more productive and save at least one day every week. 🦄
ClickUp is hiring for a Head of Strategic Finance, a key partner to our senior leadership team as we balance hyper-growth and efficiency on the path to IPO. Strategic Finance at ClickUp operates at a critical intersection in the business. They are responsible for seamlessly blending strategy, operations, and financials within our planning processes, enforcing accountability to targets that are aggressive but achievable, and using both data and narrative building to drive improvements in our operations.
Each member of the Strategic Finance function is a strategic partner first and a financial expert second. The team consists of functional business partners who are strategic advisors and right hands to the functional leaders they support, and a corporate finance team that helps to drive the broader company financial narrative. This is a senior leadership role and will report to the Vice President of Finance & Operations.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the Strategic Finance function; providing guidance, hiring & developing talent, and ensuring the team has the resources they need to be successful.
- Work with ClickUp’s leadership team to design the company’s financial future — ensuring the strategy, investments, and operational plans are in place to make that future a reality.
- Partner with the Go-To-Market and Revenue Operations teams to build detailed plans around Annual Recurring Revenue and the business inputs that allow us to grow, including Marketing spend, pipeline, and Sales capacity.
- Become a trusted advisor to ClickUp's broader senior leadership team, proactively identifying opportunities and driving investment decisions that will accelerate revenue and improve margins.
- Participate in and ensure the success of cross-functional initiatives that improve ClickUp’s business; using data and an understanding of our strategy and operations to influence decision-making, and incorporating any impacts into our planning.
- Develop a deep understanding of operations within each business function, ensuring leaders have the right processes, systems, and investments in place to operate efficiently and achieve their goals.
- Define, report on, and drive accountability around a set of core performance metrics & targets that clearly illustrate the success of each business function, enforcing a culture of performance management that is tied to tangible business outcomes.
- Own the recurring financial forecasting processes and portions of the monthly financial close process — working closely with Accounting and ClickUp’s leadership to ensure accuracy and deliver insights across all three financial statements.
- Partner closely with supporting teams to refine and enforce governance processes such as purchase order and offer approvals.
- Proven track record of building, leading, and developing high-performing teams.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in FP&A or related roles, and 2+ years of experience leading leaders.
- Experience with the SaaS business model, preferably in organizations that have deployed both product and sales led growth principles.
- Experience with a wide range of financial models and knowledge of financial modeling best practices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to synthesize and simplify complex information and communicate it across all levels of the organization.
- Proactive, analytical, and growth-oriented, with an ability to solve ambiguous problems and unlock opportunity.
- Strong EQ, experience partnering across matrixed organizations, and an aptitude for building deep business partnerships with senior leaders.
ClickUp was founded on a culture of hard work, consistent growth, and a desire to break norms. We’re a values-driven company and hire based on ambition, merit, and a willingness to do what it takes to succeed. We don’t care where you’re from, what you look like, or who you’re in a relationship with—we hire the best people for the job, and create an environment that supports employees on their journey to do the most exciting work of their lives! ClickUp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.