We are the company behind the popular open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system for real-time analytics. ClickHouse works 100-1000x faster than traditional approaches. By offering a true column-based DBMS, it allows for systems to generate reports from petabytes of raw data with sub-second latencies. With an amazing community already adopting our open-source technology, we are now embracing our journey in delivering Cloud first solutions to delight our customers.
With top adopters such as Uber, Cisco, and eBay - not only do our products work at lightning speed, so do we.
We are an open and collaborative company. Our colleagues are curious, engaged and excited about what they do. If you want to work in an environment where you can learn, grow, be an agent of change and have your voice heard - then please read on!
About the Team
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for building cloudnative ClickHouse Cloud Platform that will transform the OLAP space. Our team is looking for exceptional software engineers who can build platforms and enforce processes to ensure world class security by default with a universal and tightly integrated observability stack along with tooling to make things easier to integrate. The team focuses on ensuring high availability, reliability, scalability for our customers and helps them make data driven decisions.
What will you do?
- Build cutting edge cloud native platform on top of the public cloud.
- Work closely with our ClickHouse core development team, security team and partner with them to produce the SAS offering.
- Deliver frameworks and platforms that are secure, efficient, mature and highly available that abstract away infrastructure complexity.
- Systematically improve availability by applying industry and distributed systems best practices.
- Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity.
- Architecting and building a robust, scalable, and highly available distributed infrastructure
- You have 5+ years of relevant software development industry experience building and operating scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems.
- Software development experience in Go, C/C++, Java, or similar.
- Experience developing cloud infrastructure services, preferably with Kubernetes.
- Experience leading and shipping large scope technical projects in collaboration with multiple experienced engineers.
- Expertise with a public cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure) and their infrastructure as a service offering (e.g. EC2).
- You are a full-cycle developer: strong ownership and experience building and operating high-scale, distributed systems across the full software life cycle.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team and across engineering teams.
- You are a strong problem solver and have solid production debugging skills.
- You are passionate about efficiency, availability, scalability and data governance.
- You Thrive in a fast paced environment, and see yourself as a partner with the business with the shared goal of moving the business forward.
- You have a high level of responsibility, ownership, and accountability
This role offers cash compensation and a stock options grant. For roles based in the United States, you can find above our typical starting salary ranges for this role, depending on your specific location.
The positioning of offers within a certain range depends on various factors, including: candidate experience, qualifications, skills, business requirements and geographical location.
If you have any questions or comments about compensation as a candidate, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Flexible work environment - ClickHouse is a distributed company offering remote-first work to all employees
- Healthcare - Employer contributions towards your healthcare.
- Equity in the company - Every new team member who joins our company receives stock options.
- Time off - Flexible time off in the US, generous entitlement in all countries.
- A $500 Home office setup if you’re a remote employee.
- Employee-driven international mobility- we enable you to relocate internationally if you wish (within certain countries and timelines and subject to role requirements, time zones and work permit considerations)
Culture - We All Shape It
As part of our first 200 employees, you will be instrumental in shaping our culture.
We look for candidates who are:
- Motivated by doing great work as part of a team :)
- Open to learning from others and sharing with others
- Team Players: helpful, resourceful, responsive
- Respectful and see feedback as an opportunity to grow
Are you interested in finding out more about our culture? We are a one year old company therefore we are excited to be building it together at the moment. Our first 200 employees are the culture shapers of our future. Check out our blog posts or follow us on LinkedIn to find out more about what’s important to us, and to find out if you’d like to come and contribute to building our culture with us!