We are the company behind the popular open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system for real-time analytics. ClickHouse works 100-1000x faster than traditional approaches. By offering a true column-based DBMS, it allows for systems to generate reports from petabytes of raw data with sub-second latencies. With an amazing community already adopting our open-source technology, we are now embracing our journey in delivering Cloud first solutions to delight our customers.
With top adopters such as Uber, Cisco, and eBay - not only do our products work at lightning speed, so do we.
We are an open and collaborative company. Our colleagues are curious, engaged and excited about what they do. If you want to work in an environment where you can learn, grow, be an agent of change and have your voice heard - then please read on!
About the Team
The Core Engineering team is responsible for working on the beloved ClickHouse Open source project while working cross-functionally across teams as we develop our Cloud service offering. Our team is looking for an exceptional senior software quality engineer for our core team to improve the efficiency and quality of both our open source and cloud offering. You will build out automation of critical operational functions that ensure ClickHouse Cloud operates smoothly worldwide at a massive scale. The ideal candidate for this position is someone with a very strong background of technical skills and release engineering.
What will you do?
- Build and enhance test automation framework and develop automated test cases.
- Testing cross-functional implementations across internal teams at ClickHouse.
- Implement testing strategies and automation for large and complex distributed systems.
- Evaluate the new functionality of ClickHouse, and identify opportunities in the existing codebase for improvement.
- Engineer and improve existing testing infrastructure.
- You have previous hands-on programming experience with C++.
- Thorough knowledge of quality assurance methodologies used throughout the SDLC and are well versed in the application of industry standards and best practices.
- Working knowledge of Git and Linux (Python and Shell scripting experience strongly preferred)
- Experience with both manual testing and automation testing.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, including with remote teams. Ability to learn complex technology quickly, work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team and across engineering teams.
- You are a strong problem solver and have solid production debugging skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and see yourself as a partner with the business with the shared goal of moving the business forward.
- Flexible work environment - ClickHouse is a distributed company offering both office based and remote work options (your choice!). We do not check when you log in or out. You are the owner of your calendar because work-life balance is important to us.
- Employer contributions towards your healthcare.
- Equity - Any new team member who joins our company is eligible to receive stock options.
- Our competitive time-off policy complies with all local country laws at a minimum of given time off + all paid bank holidays.
- Home office setup allowance for our remote employees.
Our commitment to being a diverse, equitable and inclusive employer
ClickHouse, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color (ethnicity), national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Moreover, ClickHouse is committed to nurturing and preserving an inclusive work environment for all team members, which means that we expect high standards of open-mindedness and tolerance from all our employees.
Our Compensation Philosophy
We think of compensation from a total reward perspective which means that we are focused on offering competitive pay as well as benefits.
*For candidates based in Colorado, New York or California: if you would like to obtain the “recruiting salary range” for this position, please email us at email@example.com
A candidate’s final compensation will be determined by multiple factors to include, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications.
Are you interested in finding out more about our culture? We are a one year old company therefore we are excited to be building it together at the moment. Our first 200 employees are the culture shapers of our future. Check out our blog posts or follow us on LinkedIn to find out more about what’s important to us, and to find out if you’d like to come and contribute to building our culture with us! :)