To assist the Executive Chef in execution in food service catered towards the Cleveland Indian’s Baseball Club during spring training, the competitive season, and the off season as needed.
The Cleveland Indians Home Clubhouse is searching for a motivated, passionate, and creative Sous Chef to join our developing kitchen. In this position you work as a team to collaborate and create a diverse menu while enforcing a nutritionally savvy atmosphere. Our ideal candidate is a creative professional that can handle working around professional/ elite athletes while maintaining a proactive and positive atmosphere. This individual will need to be willing to push his or her culinary creativity to help produce delicious and presentable dishes to satisfy our player’s individual nutritional needs.
Your duties will include communicating with players, staff, and executive chefs on regulatory issues, solutions, and developing new menu ideas. We strive to better ourselves each season while not becoming complacent. To meet these needs occasional shopping for high quality organic product will be necessary for weekly menus.
Also, during the months of February and March you will be required to travel to Goodyear, Arizona and assist with cooking for spring training. Your duties will be the same as in Cleveland just including a larger employee staff, player, and customer census.
Assist Executive Chef with inventory, menu planning while ensuring dietary and culinary goals are met, for approximately 175 players and staff. Assists front and back of the house staff operations with food safety/sanitation practices, and preparation.
Conduct a professional and healthy work environment and produce optimal nutritionally dense meals three times a day during scheduled competition. Assist in breakdown, cooking, and serving high quality food product for the duration of the season. Composing dishes during off days for rehab players to meet their individual nutritional requirements communicated by the Nutritionist.
Organize menus and food preparation for clubhouse camps and events approximately 20 players and staff while maintaining a gold standard in fiscal budgeting. Assist in the cleanup, shipping of product, and equipment to Arizona for spring training.
- Assist in menu development based on seasonal changes, performance needs, and player demands.
- Assist with preparation, management, and planning of meal design.
- Communicating with chef and fellow employees on inventory and supplies that need to be ordered.
- Provide support to kitchen staff with food preparation, plating, firing, and dishes.
- Collaborate on recruiting and training new employees to meet our kitchen standards.
- Adhere to sanitation and safety regulations.
- Manage kitchen when Chef is not present.
- Associates in Culinary Science or related field or 2 years minimum experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best/efficient practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle confidential matters with sensitivity and discretion.
- Ability to work extended hours, including nights, holidays and weekends, and be able to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work in Goodyear, AZ at the Indians Spring Training Facility during the months of February and March.
- Professional leadership skills and teamwork oriented.
- Stand for extended period of work shifts.
- Occasional physical activity such as lifting and carrying boxes up to 25 lbs.
- Valid Drivers License is Required
- Must be willing to be randomly drug tested according to MLB policy’s