We’re powering the store of the future.
Brick & mortar accounts for 86% of all retail sales, but has been underinvested amidst a wave of innovation in e-commerce. At Clerk, we're bridging this gap by building digital infrastructure for the retail ecosystem that enables more transparent, efficient, and profitable store operations.
For more information, visit clerkretail.com.
We’re looking for a Sales Operations Manager to join the Clerk team. Partnering closely with our CRO, you'll help build and optimize our Sales Operations processes and empower the Sales team. You'll be a critical connector who helps drive meaningful action and collaborates with all teams.
- Own and manage the nomenclature, data cleanliness, structure, and workflows in our CRM, Hubspot.
- Work with the data team to ensure appropriate dashboards are available to properly manage key business metrics and proactively identify areas of concern and opportunity using that data.
- Provide hands-on training on using our sales tech stack, including Hubspot, supporting the rollout of new processes and features to end users.
- Leverage insights and analytics of operational metrics to determine process improvements that will improve team productivity.
- Create detailed presentations to showcase findings and recommendations to senior leadership across multiple functions.
- Align the revenue-driving teams (Marketing, Sales, Accounts) throughout the entire funnel, from prospect to successful customer.
- Work cross-functionally to create a delightful customer journey from initial engagement to billing.
- Support the Finance and Sales teams with the creation + execution of territory mapping, sales incentives plans, rules of engagement, and KPI measurement.
- Influence company goal-setting through data analysis, qualification, and forecasting.
Your role will define and implement best-in-class processes for our organization to work internally. As a founding member of the Sales Operations team at Clerk, you’ll have the opportunity to build and scale a key part of the business that directly contributes to our revenue and growth.
- You understand the digital-out-of-home and advertising industry or have the willingness to learn.
- You bring 3+ years of relevant experience in sales operations with progressively increasing responsibility, complexity, and scale of work.
- You have experience supporting leadership in understanding pipeline health, forecasts, and other business metrics that support decision-making.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments with high degrees of cross-collaboration.
- You’re skilled at analyzing, prioritizing, and consistently solving complex problems.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to take ambiguous or complex scenarios and effectively communicate actionable insights
- You have expertise in CRM, sales tools, and advanced Microsoft Excel skills; knowledge of Hubspot is a nice-to-have.
- You enjoy building new things and thinking critically about how every piece comes together to create a holistic system.
- You’re proactive and feel comfortable jumping into lanes where you can value.
As a part of our commitment to transparency, we use a market-based formula that provides consistency across roles & experience levels and publish all of our compensation data internally for our team. We’re open to a range of experience levels for this position. Here are the annual salaries for each level:
- Sales Ops Manager: $160,000
- Sr. Sales Ops Manager: $178,000
In our first conversation, we’ll discuss what level best aligns with your experience.
Your interview journey
- Introduction to Clerk with our Senior Recruiter (30 min)
- Hiring Manager interview with our CRO (1 hour)
- Technical Interview with the Sales team + presentation (2 hours)
- Values Interview (1 hour)
Benefits + Perks
- One of Austin's Best Companies to Work for in 2022
- JobSage Trusted Employer
- Strong team values in transparency, ownership, people, and teamwork
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Competitive pay and equity + salary transparency
- Company-sponsored health benefits
- Generous time-off programs (including parental leave)
- Flexible work schedule
- Our creative office space in East Austin
- Quarterly offsites and an annual retreat
Feeling imposter syndrome? Reach out to us!
If you don't precisely meet all of the requirements, don't let that keep you from applying. We're looking for people eager to learn and grow with us. If you’re interested in the role and being part of Clerk’s values-driven culture, say hi!