We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached millions of people to support them throughout their financial lives, from their first paycheck to their first home and beyond. We're hitting headlines too. This year, Forbes named us as one of their Next Billion Dollar Startups, and we were crowned the 'Hottest Tech Scaleup' at the Europas.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new product features and insights from the team.
A chat-first product, Cleo is right on cutting edge of AI design, creating brand new technologies to capitalise the remarkable recent advancements in this space.
As a content designer, you’ll be responsible for solving design challenges through words, concepts, systems and terminology. At Cleo this often means (but is not limited to) creating new chat experiences, helping train large language models on our uniquely irreverent tone of voice, and working alongside an incredible team to build one of the most powerful AI’s in the world, with the unique personality to match.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborating with product designers, researchers and developers to create products that improve how people manage their money
- Designing content for new conversational flows be these jokes for existing modes (like roast and hype) or creating financial insights to help people budget better or spend more wisely
- Gathering and creating data to help train our large language model on Cleo’s distinct tone of voice
- Analysing user asks to improve Cleo’s understanding of their questions and needs
- Coordinating with researchers and product designers to identify limitations of our current tooling and helping to improve them
What we’re looking for
- A degree in an area related to English, Linguistics or similar
- A passionate writer, with an interest in writing for user-centred products
- A desire to learn, this is a varied role working closely with data scientists and AI, so an interest in new technologies is really important, though training will be provided
- A collaborative approach to writing - at least once a week we get together as a team to throw ideas out and try and write lines for the app
- An ability to adapt to different writing styles, voices and mediums
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Someone switched on and culturally aware. You know what’s trending on IG and TikTok
- Someone passionate about Cleo’s mission: empowering people to build a life beyond their paycheck
How long will the process take?
We aim to move as fast as possible. Usually 2-3 weeks is enough time for us all to get know each other.
Step 1: An initial call with a member of our Talent team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
Step 2: A 45 mins call with our Lead Content Designer to talk through your writing experience and approach and tell you more about Cleo’s content design team
Step 3: A 60 mins task interview working in collaboration with a couple of our content designers
Step 4: A final 45 mins behavioural interview based around Cleo’s values
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package with regular reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - This position is a UX1 level and we can pay £27,000 - £36,000 p.a depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms like Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures.
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We treat you as humans first, employees second. Because we can’t fight for the world’s financial health, if we’re not healthy ourselves. This means all the usual perks but it also means flexibility. We take pride in being a flexible workplace that trusts our Cleople to deliver their best work, giving you the autonomy to structure your day around morning drop-offs to school or daily dog walks.
- Hybrid-first: Join our hybrid-first team, where we blend the best of both remote and in-office work. We expect our team members to be in our London office 1-2 times a week. On Thursdays, we buy you lunch but you can come to the office on whichever days work best for you!
- Other benefits;
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Company-wide performance reviews every 8 months e.g every 2 terms, in line with our termly cycles (Jan-April, May-Aug, Sept-Dec):
- Generous pay increases for high-performers and high-growth team members
- Equity top-ups for team members getting promoted
- Private Medical Insurance via Vitality, dental cover, and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!