We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached millions of people to support them throughout their financial lives, from their first paycheck to their first home and beyond. We're hitting headlines too. This year, Forbes named us as one of their Next Billion Dollar Startups, and we were crowned the 'Hottest Tech Scaleup' at the Europas.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new product features and insights from the team.
We're looking for an experienced Sr.People Partner to join our Partnerships team. You'll collaborate closely with the wider team and the Head of People Partnerships, supporting all aspects of the People Agenda.
As a Subject Matter Expert in the Technology, Data and Product departments you'll provide consultative advice to leadership, tailored coaching, drive positive change, and lead on Employee Relations matters. You will also play a role in company-wide people initiatives, including learning and development, employee engagement, and performance management.
What you’ll be doing:
- You'll partner with the Data, Product and Engineering business areas to align their people strategies with the goals of those business areas, becoming a trusted, expert advisor.
- You will be accountable to deliver tangible impact to your business areas: regretted attrition, engagement scores, organisational health and performance are all metrics you will be measured on, and that you should always have front of mind.
- You'll manage employee relations, providing expert support and recommending appropriate actions to address queries or problems. Proactively reviewing data to spot employee relations trends and suggest solutions, coaching Managers to tackle issues early on.
- You'll advise on organisational design based on growth and intentions. Leading change programs and reorganisations, ensuring meaningful consultation and support throughout.
- You are able to provide tailored coaching to help upskill our leaders in a meaningful way.
- You'll create and deliver Learning and Development initiatives to enhance skills across the organisation.
- You'll administer key company wide programs like the Talent Review Cycle and Engagement Surveys, supporting data collation and integrity, fostering a culture of high performance and growth.
- You'll work closely with client groups on engagement data, supporting positive advancement and wider company initiatives. Reviewing engagement over time and conducting 121s and group forums during onboarding and exit points.
- You'll ideate and execute key work streams and projects within the People Roadmap, autonomously and collaboratively.
- You'll be a valuable support and subject matter expert to various teams within the People department, addressing queries and challenges.
- You have 4+ years of experience working in a People Partner role within a fast growth, technology-led organisation, ideally supporting multiple geographies. Experience working with Data, Product and Engineering groups is a plus.
- Experience with Executive Coaching would be a great advantage.
- You have experience of employee relations and case management, including knowledge of UK employment laws and regulations.
- You have great attention to detail, a passion for delivering great customer experience and you can spot an opportunity to improve a process at a mile off.
- You will be experienced in handling sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy, you are comfortable having difficult conversations, working professionally and discreetly with sensitive information.
- Both the what and the how are important to us - explaining requirements/processes is key, but first comes the critical step of gaining buy-in from your stakeholders. Therefore, you'll have strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, building strong relationships with trust & confidence, as well as having the ability to influence.
- You’re an expert with Excel/Google Sheets, with high level knowledge of building charts and graphs, shortcuts, Pivot Tables, advanced formulas.
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with biannual performance reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - This position is a BP3 level and we can pay £55 - £70k depending on experience. For the right person, we're also able to stretch our range to BP4, but likely not beyond £80-85k.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms like Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures.
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We treat you as humans first, employees second. Because we can’t fight for the world’s financial health, if we’re not healthy ourselves. This means all the usual perks but it also means flexibility. We take pride in being a flexible workplace that trusts our Cleople to deliver their best work, giving you the autonomy to structure your day around morning drop-offs to school or daily dog walks.
- Hybrid-first: Join our hybrid-first team, where we blend the best of both remote and in-office work. We expect our team members to be in our London office 1-2 times a week. On Thursdays, we buy you lunch but you can come to the office on whichever days work best for you!
- Other benefits;
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Company-wide performance reviews every 8 months e.g every 2 terms, in line with our termly cycles (Jan-April, May-Aug, Sept-Dec):
- Generous pay increases for high-performers and high-growth team members
- Equity top-ups for team members getting promoted
- Private Medical Insurance via Vitality, dental cover, and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!
- Video-call with a member from the Talent Team - 30 minutes
- Video-call with Tamara Marsden (Head of People Partnering) - 45 minutes
- Video-call with Olivia Kellar (People Operations Lead) - 45 minutes
- Video-call with two internal stakeholders - 45 minutes
- Video-call with Gio Lotti (VP People) - 30-45 minutes