We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 7 million users and plan to double that number each year... which is where you come in.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new product features and insights from the team.
What you’ll be doing
As Cleo grows rapidly, builds new products, and onboards more and more users, you will take the lead on ensuring that our payments platform is able to efficiently support all the new growth and that our operations are compliant with state by state regulations.
You will be a Product Analyst in our payments and risk pillar, which is responsible for building and supporting the entirety of Cleo’s payments and risk infrastructure platform. We believe in a data-led strategy and you will be playing an instrumental role in defining and prioritising the team’s long term and short term roadmaps to build a best-in-class payments processing engine. You will also have the opportunity to work with, learn from, and mentor other analysts within the space.
You will help define and own the key metrics which measure the efficiency of our payments engine. You will work alongside data scientists to understand the impact of and to improve the performance of machine learning models driving our user financial understanding and payments orchestration. Based on what you learn, you will identify opportunities to optimise when and how we take payments while balancing revenue and the cost of payments. You will have the opportunity to work with third party processors alongside our partnerships team.
You’ll also sit within the wider data function here at Cleo; a hotshot team of 40 Product Analysts, Analytic Engineers, and Data Scientists with significant industry experience that are at the heart of everything we do at Cleo. You’ll have the opportunity to work with them in building the data platform that is the engine of Cleo’s growth.
We are looking for a detail-driven self-starter, focused on results, with demonstrated success in utilising analytical insight to optimise processes.
- Lead the analytics work to understand the performance of key ML models across our product, working alongside data scientists to improve how these models are deployed and utilised across Cleo
- Take on a critical analytics role on the risk and payments infrastructure team, helping prioritise the workload and strategy of the team
- Define key payments-related metrics and track KPIs to assess the efficiency of our payments platform
- Dig deep into our user behaviour and payments data to conduct root cause analysis on unexpected metric movements
- Work alongside our engineering, product, and data science partners to build a best-in-class payments infrastructure
- Identify and help scope opportunities to onboard new payment methods or third party partners
- Multiple years of experience doing quantitative analysis within a digital product environment
- Solid SQL experience. You know how to dig deep through various data sources to find insights
- Proven track record of proactively optimising processes through data-led insights
- Familiarity with machine learning models, understanding how to read and assess their impact
- Demonstrated history of helping drive team strategy through helping build roadmaps and prioritising initiatives
- Comfortable with defining metrics from scratch and creating dashboards
- Familiarity with conducting large-scale A/B experiments
- Preferred experience with payment systems and familiarity with various payment methods
- Preferred experience working with third party data (either with payments processors, risk engines, or data aggregators)
- Preferred familiarity with US payment rails (e.g. ACH)
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity). You can view our progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/data - this position is AX3 level and we can pay £65,004 - £83,376 p.a depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. This means all the usual perks but it also means flexibility. We take pride in being a flexible workplace that trusts our Cleople to deliver their best work, giving you the autonomy to structure your day around morning drop-offs to school or daily dog walks.
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. If you live in London we have a hybrid approach, we encourage you to spend one day a week or more in our beautiful office but this is fully flexible. If you’re 2+ hours outside of London, we’ll encourage you to spend a couple of days with us in-person a few times per year - and we’ll cover your travel costs, naturally.
- Other benefits;
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 401k matching in the US and 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo!
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- Online mental health support via Spill
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- And many more!