We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 7 million users and plan to double that number each year... which is where you come in.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new product features and insights from the team.
You’ll be a key member of our Machine Learning and Chat pillar that is responsible for Cleo’s ability to have meaningful and delightful conversations with our users. As a Lead Product Manager, you'll work closely with a cross-functional squad of engineers, designers, data scientists, analysts and writers on an area of our ML and chat tooling, as well as managing two other Senior Product Managers in the ML/Chat pillar.
Outcomes: Increase our understanding of users’ financial data and goals in order to have meaningful conversations
- Focus on accurate identification and categorisation of users’ income, bills, expenses, savings and debts
- Increase user engagement with chat, and chat as a driver of retention
- Ensure that the squad’s work aligns with the strategic direction/discovery work from other squads on what users are willing to pay for in the financial advice/coaching space
You should apply if you:
- As a guide, you'll have 7+ years of experience in a product role involving data science/machine learning, experience in personalisation/recommendations is a plus
- Enjoy being hands on with a cross functional team of analysts, designers, data scientists and engineers
- Able to say “no” more than you say “yes” to keep the squads focused on the most impactful priorities, but also able to communicate clearly with stakeholders and get alignment
- Work collaboratively with your product squad and involve them in strategy and decision-making
- Bring creativity into how we approach financial products. We're radically changing how people interact with and feel about their finances. This means thinking about problems in a different way, and we encourage PMs from all backgrounds to apply.
- Bring energy and drive to ensure your product is successful. People would describe you as a force of nature who cares about their team
Want to know who you'd be working with? Check out Kate's blog post. She's our Senior PM for ML & Chat.
How long will the process take?
We aim to move as fast as possible. Usually 2-3 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other.
- Step 1: Call with a member of our Talent Team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Step 2: 45-60 minutes with another of our ML focused Product Managers
- Step 3: Live product task interview, to be presented to one of our Product Managers and Data Scientists
- Step 4: 45 minutes each with two cross-functional peers from Engineering, Design or Analytics
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity). You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ This role is level PM4.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We work to live, we don’t live to work. Cleo works with everyone on our team to ensure that they have the balance they need to reach their full potential.
- Hybrid-first: Join our hybrid-first team, where we blend the best of both remote and in-office work. We expect our team members to be in our London office 1-2 times a week. On Thursdays, we buy you lunch but you can come in whichever days work best!
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 6% employer-matched pension
- Performance reviews every 8 months,
- Generous pay increases for high performers and high-growth team members
- Equity top ups for team members getting promoted
- Private Medical Insurance via Vitality, dental cover, and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK. Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact.