We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached millions of people to support them throughout their financial lives, from their first paycheck to their first home and beyond. We're hitting headlines too. This year, Forbes named us as one of their Next Billion Dollar Startups, and we were crowned the 'Hottest Tech Scaleup' at the Europas.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new product features and insights from the team.
You’ll join the existing machine learning function here at Cleo; a thoughtful and collaborative group of 12 dedicated data scientists and ML engineers with significant industry experience. You’ll build and deploy production models that developers will feed directly into the product.
This position is essential in the expansion of both product and business. We are highly data driven, whether that be understanding natural language, deriving insights from financial data, or determining which financial product is best suited to a user. We have interesting problems to solve on an ever-increasing scale.
Check out this blog on how data science makes Cleo, Cleo https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/data-science-how-we-make-cleo-cleo
You’ll be working on a hugely impactful squad, helping us understand our users' financial situation and goals, and coach them through the power of chat. You’ll be working as part of a cross functional team to develop Cleo into a hyper-personalized financial coach.
What you’ll be doing
- Training or fine-tuning machine learning models, and collaborating with the engineering team to integrate them into Cleo’s product.
- Utilizing large language models such as GPT, to continue developing our hyper-personalized AI assistant and make sense of bank transactions
- A wide range of ML tasks: classification, recommender systems, generative models
- Finding opportunities for model and product improvements in Cleo's extensive datasets of chat conversations, spending patterns, and app interactions
Want to hear more from our Data Scientists? Check out Laurence's blog post.
- 1-2 years of experience in data science, machine learning engineering, or related roles
- Familiarity with deep learning and transformer models for NLP
- Proficient in Python programming and able to write moderate to complex SQL queries
- Strong ability to communicate findings to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience deploying machine learning models into production; familiarity with Docker containers and container orchestration tools is a plus
What do you get for all your hard work?
- Salary banding is open source. You'll also receive a generous equity package. You can view our progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/teams/data-hytlm2bwmux2. This role will be at DS2-DS3 banding (£50,447-£84,958) salary depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms like Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures.
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We treat you as humans first, employees second. Because we can’t fight for the world’s financial health, if we’re not healthy ourselves. This means all the usual perks but it also means flexibility. We take pride in being a flexible workplace that trusts our Cleople to deliver their best work, giving you the autonomy to structure your day around morning drop-offs to school or daily dog walks.
- Hybrid-first: Join our hybrid-first team, where we blend the best of both remote and in-office work. We expect our team members to be in our London office 1-2 times a week. On Thursdays, we buy you lunch but you can come to the office on whichever days work best for you!
- Other benefits;
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Company-wide performance reviews every 8 months e.g every 2 terms, in line with our termly cycles (Jan-April, May-Aug, Sept-Dec):
- Generous pay increases for high-performers and high-growth team members
- Equity top-ups for team members getting promoted
- Private Medical Insurance via Vitality, dental cover, and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK (but only until next year). If you’re an existing user, you’ll still have access to the app. But some features won’t be available (just for a little while). Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact for users who need it most. Then we’ll be able to apply what we learn to better support our UK users in the future. Check out this page for more information.