We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
You can also see our latest DE&I report here
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that empowers people to make better financial decisions. Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 4 million users and plan to double that number each year...which is where you come in.
We’re looking for a Chief People Officer to lead and grow our People team - overseeing Cleo's talent acquisition, business partnering, workplace experience and people ops teams.
Your team will soon be 18+ people strong across the U.K with room to grow more in the future.
It’s a close-knit team with ambitions to build and grow a company making a positive impact on people’s lives and their relationship with their finances. To help them, we’re looking to you to continue to build on our culture - one that employees across not only the UK, but globally will recognize as not just a great place to work, but as a place to come and make a difference.
Why should I apply?
This is the chance to join a unique startup and one of Europe’s fastest growing fintechs at the early stages of its journey. You will be one of the most important hires we make this year and will sit at the centre of growth within the company.
You’ll report directly to our CEO & founder, Barney. You’ll be leading our People function with full autonomy, but with support from the existing team.
This is a huge opportunity to step-up & scale-up. We have exciting plans for the rest of the year and beyond - we’re looking to grow exponentially so this has potential to be a career-defining role. Not only are we focused on building our team in the U.K, but we’ll be hiring more in the U.S so you’ll potentially have the chance to travel to the U.S too.
What you’ll be working on:
You’ll be based in the U.K - ideally in London, leading our Talent & People team.
You will own the strategy to create and lead the delivery of the People function for Cleo:
- You’ll be working closely with our Head of Talent on our talent acquisition strategy and guiding them to manage the talent acquisition funnel - employer brand, talent pipelining and hiring process
- Leading talent management and development - productivity, engagement, reward & recognition and learning. Overseeing the People Ops agenda, working closely with our People Ops Lead
- Coaching and mentoring the senior leadership team, to cultivate a highly cohesive, high functioning group.
- Working with our Leadership team and and the wider business to build on our diversity and inclusion strategy
- Ensuring everyone in the organisation continues to love working for Cleo… like love, love
You have experience leading a high-performing People & Talent team (ideally scaling a company from 180-600+ employees with some international experience at a VC-backed business).
You’ve successfully built and improved tech-focused employer brands and the last companies you worked at are known for attracting top talent. You’re passionate about growing teams and cultivating an inclusive culture where the best and brightest can thrive.
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with reviews every 4 months. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. If you live in London we have a hybrid approach, we’d love you to spend one day a week or more in our beautiful office. If you’re outside of London, we’ll encourage you to spend a couple of days with us a few times per year. And we’ll cover your travel costs, naturally.
- Other benefits;
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo!)
- 401k matching in the US and 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Personal Healthcare
- 2 months paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo!
- Early finish every Friday
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK (but only until next year). If you’re an existing user, you’ll still have access to the app. But some features won’t be available (just for a little while). Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact for users who need it most. Then we’ll be able to apply what we learn to better support our UK users in the future. Check out this page for more information.