We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
You can also see our latest DE&I report here
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that helps people do more with their money.
We've raised over $100m from top tier VCs, reached over 4 million users who we've saved $50m+ in overdraft fees alone and have built a business with more than $30m annual recurring revenue growing more than 3x year on year. This is where you come in.
What you’ll do
- Take major initiatives off the CEO's plate and empower relevant parties within Cleo to get them up and running
- Bring the leadership team together and run team meetings in lieu of the CEO (e.g. preparing agendas, taking notes, assigning actions and helping others roll out key initiatives)
- Assist with fundraising and investor relations
- Amplify and finesse internal and external comms of the CEO
- Help set up offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City: so, yeah, there’ll be some travel involved
- Get close to the numbers, especially those which are off target and chat with the relevant people to make sure there’s a plan in place to fix them
We’re looking for a one-of-a-kind Chief of Staff, a leader, who is as good with people as they are with graphs and charts.
- Able to influence and lead large cross-functional teams
- Someone with a can-do approach, who is organised and diligent. (maybe a former PM, consultant or IB at a highly-regarded firm.)
- A person who is data-driven, with a STEM background and years of experience working in analysis, or with financial models
- An exceptional communicator
- A problem-solver, who can make decisions on complex topics, especially those with high levels of ambiguity
- Possibly looking to found a company, run a division of one, or take up an associate or principal position at a top tier VC firm
How long will the process take?
We aim to move as fast as possible, usually 2 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other
- Step 1: Quick phone call with a member of our Talent team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Step 2: 60 mins with the CEO
- Step 3: 60 minutes with cross-functional peers from two of Operations, Commercial or Finance
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with bi-annual reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. If you live in London we have a hybrid approach, we’d love you to spend one day a week or more in our beautiful office. If you’re outside of London, we’ll encourage you to spend a couple of days with us a few times per year. And we’ll cover your travel costs, naturally.
- Other benefits;
- 25 days Annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 2 months paid sabbatical after every 4 years at Cleo
- 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Early finish every Friday
- Online courses & internal training to level up your skills
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK (but only until next year). If you’re an existing user, you’ll still have access to the app. But some features won’t be available (just for a little while). Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact for users who need it most. Then we’ll be able to apply what we learn to better support our UK users in the future. Check out this page for more information.