We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
You can also see our latest DE&I report here
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that empowers people to make better financial decisions.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 4 million users and plan to double that number each year...which is where you come in.
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for a Social Media Lead to join one of the best marketing teams in FinTech. We might be small, but over the past 5 years, we’ve built a unique brand that people love.
For the right person, this is a chance to come in and lead the charge across our social channels. Taking our product, our tone of voice and leading a team of creatives, you’ll be designing and delivering a world class social media strategy. Leading our storytelling, engaging our community and building Cleo’s brand across the US, you’ll develop a highly engaging organic customer engagement strategy through Social. You'll be utilizing all content forms (especially video!) to build our profile across TikTok, Twitter, Discord and Instagram with a strong sense of the strategic approach we need to take to produce content that hits the mark for our growing audience.
More specifically, you’ll be
- Defining the look and feel of our social presence that balances our brand voice and company mission with product understanding to increase brand salience
- Setting and delivering our content strategy to build our brand awareness and meaningful engagement across our socials with new audiences
- Supporting a creative team of channel owners by providing strong strategic guidance formed from data-led insight
- Owning and executing upper funnel paid social and organic boosting campaigns to support reach and customer acquisition
- Combining excellent creative judgment about what captures people’s attention with a much bigger, ambitious strategic mindset - speaking Cleo’s language and the tone of our audience simultaneously
- Creating a social-first culture. Leading weekly idea sessions, knowledge sharing, masterclasses and trialing new tools and techniques, as well as competitor analysis.
- Looking for and reporting on trends in culture and social, driving agility and reactivity on our social content strategy
- Working with our influencer team to recruit and build high quality content with content creators that helps educate and inform a Gen Z audience
- Reporting how Social impacts company goals on a regular basis, monitoring and analyzing success and making recommendations for improvement
What we’re looking for
- You’ve got 7+ years of proven experience in community and social brand building in a fast-growing Gen Z targeted business with a clearly defined tone of voice.
- Ability to balance brand with business while relentlessly focusing on the consumer
- Obsessed with new and interesting ways to connect with customers and brand fans, you’ll help us creatively boost our visibility and engagement
- First-class editorial judgment
- An analytical mind with a hunger for driving business results and helping to guide content strategy
- You’ll have built a pretty decent following yourself and / or are an avid user of social and a lover of content. You’re always signing up for new social platforms and figuring out ways to engage on new channels
- You’re a self-starter who is highly motivated, detail oriented and organized
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- A creative problem solver, who can juggle many different things at once. Someone who constantly has ideas for how to make a campaign or situation more successful or efficient
- Flexible, adaptable working style with an ability to learn quickly and multi-task
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with bi-annual reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - This position is a SM4 level and we can pay $98,049 to $121,815 p.a depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. If you live in London we have a hybrid approach, we’d love you to spend one day a week or more in our beautiful office. If you’re outside of London, we’ll encourage you to spend a couple of days with us a few times per year. And we’ll cover your travel costs, naturally.
- Other benefits;
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 401k matching in the US and 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Personal healthcare plan
- 2 months paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo!
- Early finish every Friday
- Online courses & internal training to level up your skills
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!