We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
You can also see our latest DE&I report here
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that empowers people to make better financial decisions.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 4 million users and plan to double that number each year...which is where you come in.
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for an FP&A Manager to work closely with our VP of Finance in the U.S and Head of Strategic Finance. This is a brand new role reporting and will be the fifth person to join our small but mighty Finance team.
We’re building a world-class, data-driven and tech-focused Finance team. You’ll take the lead in managing our financial forecasting and assist the strategic finance team with various commerical and financial analysis, management and board reporting as we scale rapidly over the next 3-5 years towards our Series D and beyond.
The FP&A Manager is expected to collaborate with colleagues across the wider Finance Department, Commercial & Product teams in order to drive forward enhancements to our analytical and financial capabilities, reporting and decision making.
Some of the things you'll get involved with:
- Managing the monthly, quarterly and annual FP&A financial processes and forecasting, including reporting, variance analysis, scenario planning, as well as ad hoc financial analysis for all areas of the organization
- Supporting regular reporting on key metrics to senior management, the Board, and our investors
- Supporting equity and debt fundraising activities in the lead up to our Series D
- Supporting company-wide strategy decision making with budgeting, hiring plans, expense management, etc.
- Leading projects to develop and future-proof the finance function; exploring new tools and ways to automate manual processes
What are we looking for?
- You have at least two years work experience in an investment bank or in a top tier consultancy
- You have experience designing and maintaining complex financial models using large data sets
- You’re able and excited to conceive of and execute projects independently
- You have the ability to quickly pick up new concepts, and dive into a problem with a solutions-oriented, outcome-focused mindset – even with no prior background in the subject matter
- A get sh*t done mindset; you’re comfortable rolling up your sleeves and diving into financial models to deliver at pace with limited resources
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical capabilities, and the ability to develop creative solutions for challenging, open-ended problems
Nice to have:
- A passion or previous experience in the Fintech sector
- Experience working for a Global company across different time-zones
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with bi-annual reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work
- Other benefits;
- 25 days Annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 401k matching in the US and 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Early finish every Friday
- Online courses & internal training to level up your skills
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!