We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
You can also see our latest DE&I report here
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that empowers people to make better financial decisions.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 4 million users and plan to double that number each year...which is where you come in.
As we scale, we’re bringing new features and products into the ecosystem at whiplash-inducing pace - across spending cards, credit score coaching, “debt crushing” services and beyond. To make this work at our global scale we’re looking for a Partnerships Manager to support our mission.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaboration & building a tight ship: You are the glue between product and Cleo’s external partners. Not only will you ensure seamless flow of information and delivery, you will also build processes to simplify and improve the collaboration between the two.
- Partnership Management: Working with external partners to serve complex financial products. Simply: serve as the project manager for some of Cleo’s most important partnerships, including day to day management of tasks, issue escalation, fraud/compliance oversight and reporting.
- New! New!: You will help identify new types of strategic partners, and find and onboard these partners.
- Process Improvement: Working with legal, compliance and the rest of the operations team you will create a new process for engaging, contracting and onboarding all new partners, ensuring seamless integration between partners & the product teams.
- Reporting & data: You will own all reporting for enterprise partners, including internal reporting around the partners. You will be the source of truth for commercials and data surrounding each partner and responsible for communicating this internally. We will look to you to optimize reporting across all partners, and own internal adoption amongst Cleo stakeholders.
- You have previously managed signature partnerships at a technology company, preferably a financial technology company and have 5+ years of experience
- You're always looking to get the best terms possible, (re-) negotiating with partners where possible
- You can demonstrate a sharp analytical mind, and the ability to identify root cause issues and have experience working with data or Excel
- You have the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and action plans, and communicate them clearly across company disciplines
- You have experience and are comfortable working closely with internal teams (across engineering, product and analytics) and external partners
- You’re good at working from 0-1 on problems, and can share examples of teams or operational processes and systems that you have scaled from idea to execution.
Nice to haves
- You have worked in consumer lending, in cards before, and know how to operate at a fast pace with care
- You have worked at a VC-backed startup before, and seen hyper-growth in action
- You have managed sensitive commercial relationships with external vendors successfully, and can give examples of where you made a tangible business or customer impact through your relationships with these vendors.
- You have experience improving processes and efficiency for customer-facing teams
- Experience in project management
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with bi-annual reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - This position is a BDP3 level and we can pay £58,320 - £75,836 p.a depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. If you live in London we have a hybrid approach, we’d love you to spend one day a week or more in our beautiful office. If you’re outside of London, we’ll encourage you to spend a couple of days with us a few times per year. And we’ll cover your travel costs, naturally.
- Other benefits;
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 401k matching in the US and 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- 2 months paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo!
- Early finish every Friday
- Online courses & internal training to level up your skills
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK (but only until next year). If you’re an existing user, you’ll still have access to the app. But some features won’t be available (just for a little while). Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact for users who need it most. Then we’ll be able to apply what we learn to better support our UK users in the future. Check out this page for more information.