We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
You can also see our latest DE&I report here
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that empowers people to make better financial decisions.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 4 million users and plan to double that number each year...which is where you come in.
What’s the role all about?
As Cleo’s Lead Analytics Engineer you will develop and maintain data models that will be the backbone for reporting and amplify the productivity of our analysts. As Cleo grows rapidly towards 100M worldwide users, you will take the lead on ensuring we can move fast, make data driven decisions and enable self serve data exploration. Looking after our growing team of analytics engineers across both a central team and embedded in squads.
We have a flat and open engineering culture where data and evidence beats opinion and hierarchy. We passionately believe in forming autonomous, cross functional teams who are empowered to deliver our ambitious strategy. You’ll work embedded in squads alongside our engineering team to help us collect, transform, store, and serve data across the company. You’ll also work closely with the analytics team here at Cleo; as well as across the business to provide training and guidance on how to utilise our data.
- Creating and owning the data models in our Redshift data warehouse
- Managing our ELT pipelines that feed reporting systems and analytical teams
- Applying software engineering best practice to our data environment (e.g. testing and version control)
- Work with various business and engineering teams to ensure reliable, scalable, robust architecture for our data platform
- Work with the engineering team to ensure application design accommodates reporting and analytics requirements
- Supporting product analysts with automation, tooling, data pipelines and data engineering expertise
- Providing management, mentoring and driving delivery of a small team of analytic engineers.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with a focus on data
- Line management and project leadership experience for an analytics team
- Extensive experience modeling data to amplify productivity using tooling such as dbt
- Experience with data warehousing solutions such as Snowflake, Redshift, or similar managed solutions
- Experience evaluating new tools and processes to drive the adoption and usability of data
- Experience programming in one or more general purpose programming languages, with a preference for Python
- Experience with ETL tools such as Stitch, AWS Glue, Google Dataflow, or Apache Spark
- Solid SQL experience (PostgreSQL preferred). You can not only interact with a database but design new schemata
- Best practices around data quality, documentation, and governance
- Experience with defining and creating reporting layers for visualization tools
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with bi-annual reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/
- We're hiring multiple levels, at AX4 level and we can pay £83,376-£104,755 p.a depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work
- Other benefits;
- 25 days Annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 401k matching in the US and 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Early finish every Friday
- Online courses & internal training to level up your skills
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- Online mental health support via Spill
- Access to Pushfar - online platform for external mentorship
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK (but only until next year). If you’re an existing user, you’ll still have access to the app. But some features won’t be available (just for a little while). Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact for users who need it most. Then we’ll be able to apply what we learn to better support our UK users in the future. Check out this page for more information.