Looking to do work that matters?
We get it – it’s why most people come to Cleo. Together we’re fighting for the world’s financial health, building an AI that helps our users make the best money decisions from day one. We’ve helped 4 million people so far with personalised insights and a voice you don’t expect in FinTech. But it’s time to do more.
As we enter the next phase, we’re looking for more improvisers, data geeks and grown ups who want to own their work and create meaningful change.
You’ll join the existing data science function here at Cleo; a hotshot team of seven dedicated data experts with significant industry experience that is at the heart of everything we do at Cleo. You’ll build and deploy in-production models that developers will feed directly into the product.
This position is essential in the expansion of both product and business. We are highly data driven, whether that be understanding natural language, deriving insights from financial data, or determining which financial product is best suited to a user. We have interesting problems to solve on an ever-increasing scale
We are looking for Senior Data Scientists and ML Engineers that can deliver data products that solve both customer and commercial problems. Additionally, you will building out a great ML Platform to enable us to deliver new features and improvements as quickly as possible whilst keeping quality high.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the building of an extraordinary AI assistant to help users understand and manage their money
- Actively building and productionising classifiers - no dependencies on engineering teams
- Building upon our ML Platform to enable us to deploy, monitor and iterate seamlessly
- A wide range of ML tasks: NLP, classification, recommender systems
- Conducting regular A/B tests across the journey of a Cleo user
- Working closely with engineers to make sure we collect the right data to produce relevant business insights
- At least 5 years of experience in data science or related roles
- Ability to write production quality code in Python
- Experience deploying machine learning / deep learning algorithms into production
- Experience with the MLOps process and what great MLOps looks like
- Good grasp of architecture and how best to integrate machine learning into backend services
- Experience conducting large scale A/B experiments
- Experience working with AWS technologies such as EC2, S3, Sagemaker
- Experience with containers and container orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker, and/or Mesos, including lifecycle management of containers
- A strong ability to communicate findings to non-technical stakeholders in a concise and engaging manner
What do you get for all your hard work?
Cleo is an excellent place to work:
- Salary banding can be seen here. You'll also have equity options. You can view our progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - This role would be from level DS4 depending on experience - we can pay between £79,400.00 - £96,230.00 p.a
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world who are backed by top VC firm, Balderton
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback.
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.