Looking to do work that matters?
We get it – it’s why most people come to Cleo. Together we’re fighting for the world’s financial health, building an AI that helps our users make the best money decisions from day one. We’ve helped 4 million people so far with personalised insights and a voice you don’t expect in FinTech. But it’s time to do more.
As we enter the next phase, we’re looking for more improvisers, data geeks and grown ups who want to own their work and create meaningful change.
If you're looking for a bigger, weirder and more ambitious playground to write in, come help us give this robot a louder voice. You’ll join an eclectic, multinational copy team, representing a range of disciplines. We're looking for someone to add a different perspective to our work room. And if you're not perfect: you might just be.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing conversational copy as the voice of a much-loved AI, dropping good vibes and knowledge on 4 million people everyday.
- Making sure our growing range of interface and app screen features are user-first and sound like us.
- Partner with a super smart product team to ideate, write up, and test copy everywhere.
- Collaborate with the broader UX team to speak to users, identify their problems, and write with solutions in mind. Like, ya know, a caring human.
- Continue to push and evolve one of the most distinctive voices in the space across new geographies, the US, CA, and UK.
- Become a trusted voice and sounding board in our weekly Writer’s Room
What are we looking for?
- A great writer. Someone who can express ideas clearly as a headline, a blog post, or as microcopy, it doesn’t matter. At Cleo, all writing is writing.
- A portfolio showing a range of voices and the ability to distill complexity into a few tight lines.
- Someone switched on and culturally aware. You know what’s trending on IG and TikTok.
- An ethical backbone. Cleo’s got a bite, you should have one too.
- A proven ability to write for US audiences (the majority of our users are American).
- A background in conversational AI or screenwriting in general. Playwriting works too. The main thing is that you have experience bringing characters to life.
- Agency or start-up experience a plus, but not a requirement.
What do you get for all your hard work?
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best. You can view our progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - this position is a UXW2-UXW3 level
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- Cleo is a culture of stepping up. We want, and expect you to grow and develop. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. You’ll have our support in everything you do. But more importantly, you’ll have our trust.
- We treat you as humans first, employees second. Because we can’t fight for the world’s financial health, if we’re not healthy ourselves. This means the usual perks but it also means flexibility.
- Other benefits include;
- 25 days Annual leave a year + public holidays
- 4.30pm finish every Friday
- Regular lunch-and-learns as part of a general learning culture
- Online courses and internal training to level up your skills like from coding, to SQL, to management training
- Choose your own gear, ask for the tools you need, and we’ll seek them out for you
- Cleo socials and activities
- Online mental health support via Spill
- Access to Pushfar - online platform for external mentorship
- A clear career progression path through Progression https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/
- And many more!
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.