Cleo was created to improve your financial health.
Already, she’s helped 3 million people improve their relationship with money through simplicity and a sense of humour.
Cleo’s not a bank though. She’s an interface for the 99% – an AI assistant defining a new category, one that goes beyond saving up to actually changing how we feel about our finances.
Through chat, Cleo hits you with ridiculously personal insights into your spending, while suggesting personalised financial products that increase your ability to save. But really, it’s our tone of voice that sets us apart.
We’re a product for the next generation. That means meeting our users where they are and building the type of relationship they expect. It also means dropping the BS.
What you’ll be doing
We're not boring. Which isn’t incredibly easy to be when you're talking about money. So we’re looking for a designer who’s got native platform design chops to take on our paid social. In the past, we’ve been studied by digital marketers and Facebook for our originality and effectiveness. So the standards are high, but we get there together.
Reckon you could stop someone scrolling with one image? We’re looking for someone with top design skills and some digital experience in yep, you guessed it, paid social (alongside advertising and site marketing).
You probably have a portfolio packed with cutting typography and layout examples and are almost too familiar with art direction and the motive of creating highly engaging content.
You’ll have a great understanding of iterative design processes and how to approach creative testing for advertising – with a portfolio that demonstrates the success of this approach.
You’ll sit within the Growth team (as a paid social does) working in week long creative sprints with a performance manager, copywriter, and head of copy. They’re talented, and very nice. There’s only rule: If we don’t love it, don’t ship it.
More specifically you’ll be:
Working with the team in weekly sprints to concept and create delightful ads across FB, IG, SC, and TT.
- Researching and developing innovative creative tests to set us apart from the rest.
- Design all creative for paid social campaigns, ranging from Facebook and Instagram stories, to Snapchat and TikTok video edits.
- Conceptualise and execute high-quality commercial and seasonal campaigns.
- Give and receive feedback through design critique and be continuously up to date with emerging trends in social, culture and technology.
- Playing against yourself to be more creative, more effective each week
- Minimum 3 years experience of leading paid social creative campaigns - from ideation, art direction and creation.
- Strong knowledge of social media paid advertising, creative requirements and optimisations across different channels
- Strong practical experience in Adobe Creative Suite ( After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator) & Figma
- Confidently be able to create and assemble images / graphics to produce designs for websites, social media, display campaigns and other productions
- You are a pro in internet culture, memes, creative dreams...
- You’ve got a portfolio that shows the above.
How long will all this take?
We aim to move as fast as possible, usually 2 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other
- Quick phone call with a member of our team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Short take-home test
- Onsite interview
- Discuss your take home test and portfolio with the team
- Meet the leadership team
What do you get for all your hard work?
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world who are backed by top VC firm, Balderton
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We are fighting for the world's financial health. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback.
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.