Looking to do work that matters?
We get it – it’s why most people come to Cleo. Together we’re fighting for the world’s financial health, building an AI that helps our users make the best money decisions from day one. We’ve helped 4 million people so far with personalised insights and a voice you don’t expect in FinTech. But it’s time to do more.
As we enter the next phase, we’re looking for more improvisers, data geeks and grown ups who want to own their work and create meaningful change.
We’re looking for a Senior PR Lead who has a wealth of experience with investors and partners, but doesn’t want to repeat it. You’ll be the face of Cleo when it comes to representing the business externally, so you’ll need to be onboard with Cleo’s values. And even better, shape them. Cleo has her own personality and a whole load of data to back it up, so you’ll never be short of angles to hit with.
We try really hard to not be boring. Which is easy to do when you’re talking about money. So we’re looking for a PR Lead who’s used to working with external investors and partners in developing and executing initiatives that align with Cleo’s core values and identity. You’ll be the external representative for the business, effectively communicating the positive impact Cleo is having for customers.
As our expert - you’ll be managing our PR agency to build cohesive campaigns and relationships with VC’s regulators, tech and consumer media, shaping both our external and internal communications strategy.
The team is small so you’ll have the chance to try your own ideas, a different approach to the “norm” and really see your impact. This is a senior role within Cleo’s marketing team and you’ll be taking responsibility for the complete strategic and tactical implementation of our comms strategy.
More specifically you’ll be:
- Reviewing, refining and leading on the global communications and PR strategy to support Cleo’s vision and mission, shaping Cleo’s comms strategy, fighting for the world’s financial health, one story at a time.
- Developing the brand’s social responsibility strategy and engaging with key stakeholders across the business to support delivery
- Responsible for the development, integration and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities that supports the strategic direction and positioning of Cleo
- Networking with key members of press to ensure Cleo remains front of mind for any relevant stories
- Owning and shaping a calendar of narratives to generate press coverage around key times of year, campaigns and product launches
- Securing coverage in leading titles relevant for our demographic and potential investors and generating links back to our website
- Leading and building upon strategic consumer and business partnerships.
- Responsible for securing key profile opportunities for C-suite, with a focus on Cleo’s founder and CEO
- Develops and enhances PR analytics systems and reporting methods to benchmark against strategic planning
- A strong communications background, with a blend of internal and external messaging
- An established network of commercial and business press contacts in the LA area is preferred
- Cultural curiosity, with a deep and abiding interest in the patterns and trends that are shaping local culture and appreciation for what that means for BCW, clients, brands and consumers.
- Strong relationship building skills, able to effectively manage stakeholders at all levels with credibility and a naturally collaborative style
- Experience of financial reporting and regulatory announcements would be highly desirable as would exposure to managing budgets and press enquiries
- Events experience advantageous
What do you get for all your hard work?
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best. You can view our progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- Cleo is a culture of stepping up. We want, and expect you to grow and develop. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. You’ll have our support in everything you do. But more importantly, you’ll have our trust.
- We treat you as humans first, employees second. Because we can’t fight for the world’s financial health, if we’re not healthy ourselves. This means the usual perks but it also means flexibility.
- Other benefits include;
- 25 days Annual leave a year + public holidays
- 4.30pm finish every Friday
- Regular lunch-and-learns as part of a general learning culture
- Online courses and internal training to level up your skills like from coding, to SQL, to management training
- Choose your own gear, ask for the tools you need, and we’ll seek them out for you
- Cleo socials and activities
- Online mental health support via Spill
- Access to Pushfar - online platform for external mentorship
- A clear career progression path through Progression https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/
- And many more!
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity