Looking to do some work that matters?
We get it – it’s why most people come to Cleo. Together we’re fighting for the world’s financial health, building an AI that helps you make the best money decisions from day one. We’ve helped 4 million people so far with personalised insights and a voice you don’t expect in FinTech. But it’s time to do more.
As we enter the next phase, we’re looking for more improvisers, data geeks and grown ups who want to own their work and create meaningful change.
Life as a Designer at Cleo AI 🖌️
This role will involve hands-on design work as part of a squad but you’ll also get the chance to mentor and develop a small team of designers. Reporting into our Head of Design, you will be;
- Leading design for your squad and directly managing two to three designers
- Owning and driving design problems within your squad and the wider tribe’s mission
- Bringing your squad together to form and communicate a vision
- Creating clarity through journeys, wireframes and prototypes
- Validating and iterating designs with researchers
- Executing designs in polished UI in close collaboration with developers
- Creating a great product, UI and chat experience with UX writers
- Planning and prioritising sprint work with product managers
- Sharing, giving feedback and building on work with our Head of Design, the other Lead Product Designers and the wider design team
Why should I apply?
We're moving through uncharted territory with brand new design challenges around chat, UI, brand, tone of voice, and applied machine learning that you can't just look up the answer to - across native app and Messenger platforms. And of course, you’ll be solving money problems that make a very real and tangible difference to our users.
- You’re at least 5 years into your design career with ideally with some direct line management experience or experience mentoring more junior designers
- You’re a creative problem-solver. We are not making banking slightly prettier, or allowing people to order burgers faster, but radically changing how people interact with and feel about their finances. This means thinking about problems in a different way, and we encourage designers from all backgrounds to apply.
- You’re used to working in squads with developers and other designers
- You have experience developing, shipping and iterating with user focus
- You’re passionate about pixels, craftsmanship and the impact of design
- You’re familiar with design systems, design DNA and brand experience
What do you get for all your hard work?
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world who are backed by top VC firm, Balderton
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback.
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.