Cleo was created to improve your financial health.
Already, she’s helped 3 million people improve their relationship with money through simplicity and a sense of humour.
Cleo’s not a bank though. She’s an interface for the 99% – an AI assistant defining a new category, one that goes beyond saving up to actually changing how we feel about our finances.
Through chat, Cleo hits you with ridiculously personal insights into your spending, while suggesting personalised financial products that increase your ability to save. But really, it’s our tone of voice that sets us apart.
We’re a product for the next generation. That means meeting our users where they are and building the type of relationship they expect. It also means dropping the BS.
Behind the product is a talented team of 50 (slightly rebellious) doers and an open culture that’s rare in tech. To help us scale and evolve the ways we come together, we’re looking for an exceptional VP of People. Someone who’s passionate to not just preserve what we are, but who could also help us become what we’re trying to be.
Why should I apply?
This is the chance to join a unique startup and one of Europe’s fastest growing fintechs at the very early stages of its journey. You will be one of the most important hires we make this year and will sit at the epicentre of growth within the company.
You’ll report directly to our CEO & founder. Although we have some processes, tools and structures in place, essentially you’ll be building our People function from scratch with full autonomy, but with support from the existing team.
This is a huge opportunity to step-up & scale-up. We have exciting plans for 2020 - we’re looking to grow exponentially so this has potential to be a career-defining role. Not only are we focused on building our team in the U.K, but we’ll be opening an office in New York so you’ll have the chance to travel to the U.S regularly.
You’ll be based in our London office, leading our Talent & People team.
You will own the strategy to create and lead the delivery of the People (growth) function for Cleo.
- You’ll be leading our Talent Acquisition strategy and guiding our head of recruitment to manage the talent acquisition funnel - employer brand, talent pipelining and hiring process
- Coaching and mentoring the senior leadership team, to cultivate a highly cohesive, high functioning group.
- Leading talent management and development - productivity, engagement, reward/recognition and learning.
- Working with our Leadership team and key stakeholders to create a diversity and inclusion strategy
- Ensuring everyone in the organisation continues to love working for Cleo… like love, love
You have experience leading a high-performing People & Talent team (ideally scaling a company from 30-200+ employees with some international experience at a VC-backed business).
You’ve successfully built and improved tech-focused employer brands and the last companies you worked for are known for attracting top talent. You’re passionate about growing teams and cultivating an inclusive culture where the best and brightest can thrive.
What do you get for all your hard work?
Cleo is an excellent place to work:
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world who are backed by top VC firm, Balderton
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback.
We're an equal opportunity employer and put a lot of focus on ensuring there is an open environment for everyone.