We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds. If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know. You can also see our latest DE&I report here
Looking to do work that matters?
We get it – it’s why most people come to Cleo. Together we’re fighting for the world’s financial health, building an AI that helps our users make the best money decisions from day one. We’ve helped 4 million people so far with personalised insights and a voice you don’t expect in FinTech. But it’s time to do more.
As we enter the next phase, we’re looking for more improvisers, data geeks and grown ups who want to own their work and create meaningful change.
Life as a Designer at Cleo AI 🖌️
Reporting into our Design Manager, you will be;
- Driving design problems within your squad
- Bringing your squad together to form and communicate a vision
- Creating clarity through journeys, wireframes and prototypes
- Validating and iterating designs with researchers
- Executing designs in polished UI in close collaboration with developers
- Creating a great product, UI and chat experience with UX writers
- Planning and prioritising sprint work with product managers
- Sharing, giving feedback and building on work with our Design Manager and the wider design team
Why should I apply?
We're moving through uncharted territory with brand new design challenges around chat, UI, brand, tone of voice, and applied machine learning that you can't just look up the answer to - across native app and Messenger platforms. And of course, you’ll be solving money problems that make a very real and tangible difference to our users.
- You’re ideally around 2 years into your design career, but more importantly can demonstrate making an impact with your design work, to overall business goals
- You're able to present a minimum of two commercial case studies of your product design work
- You ideally have some native mobile app design experience
- You’re a creative problem-solver. We are not making banking slightly prettier, or allowing people to order burgers faster, but radically changing how people interact with and feel about their finances. This means thinking about problems in a different way, and we encourage designers from all backgrounds to apply.
- You’re used to working in squads with developers and product managers
- You have experience developing, shipping and iterating with user focus
- You’re passionate about pixels, craftsmanship and the impact of design
- You’re familiar with design systems, design DNA and brand experience
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with bi-annual reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - this position is PD2 level and we can pay between £44,999 - £60,324 p.a depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work
- Other benefits;
- 25 days Annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 2 months paid sabbatical after every 4 years at Cleo
- Early finish every Friday
- Online courses & internal training to level up your skills
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- Online mental health support via Spill
- Access to Pushfar - online platform for external mentorship
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK (but only until next year). If you’re an existing user, you’ll still have access to the app. But some features won’t be available (just for a little while). Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact for users who need it most. Then we’ll be able to apply what we learn to better support our UK users in the future. Check out this page for more information.