Looking to do work that matters?
We get it – it’s why most people come to Cleo. Together we’re fighting for the world’s financial health, building an AI that helps you make the best money decisions from day one. We’ve helped 4 million people so far with personalised insights and a voice you don’t expect in FinTech. But it’s time to do more.
As we enter the next phase, we’re looking for more improvisers, data geeks and grown ups who want to own their work and create meaningful change.
We’re looking for a brilliant Frontend React/React Native Engineer with an eye for UI/UX design to join us on our mission to fight for the world's financial health. You’ll be joining a team of adaptable, creative and product-focused engineers who ship working software. We understand our customers, we understand their pain, and we are passionate about helping them.
Life as an Engineer at Cleo
- We don’t deliberate exhaustively over all the what-ifs. We focus on being effective. We make small changes and test them quickly.
- We think the deliberate, conscious and careful accumulation of tech debt is a powerful tool that lets us ship code and value to our users faster.
- We write code to be read, debugged and maintained by humans.
- We help each other. We learn the best and quickest by reviewing each others’ code and giving each other useful, constructive feedback.
What we’re looking for
- We’re looking for someone who wants to make a positive difference in society by improving the financial health of over 3 million users worldwide.
- We are acutely aware of the position of many of our customers and our role in trying to help and serve them. This means you take the initiative. You are a passionate doer. You own our problems and are always learning.
- You join us in our belief that we don’t know everything and empower our colleagues to make progress. Anyone at Cleo can have an idea and we’ll support them to test it.
- We are trying to be the change we want to see in the world. You purposefully give energy to those around you and inspire confidence. You create an environment that’s inclusive and empowers others to do their best work. You respect your colleagues and our customers.
Why should I apply?
- There’s a clear engineering career growth framework. Whether you want to develop your career as a sole contributor or head down the engineering management track, you can grow with us!
- You’ll be joining an open and collaborative team where you’ll be heard and get to make a difference
- You’ll be joining a team of respected frontend engineers
- Work where you work best … we’re fully remote for the rest of the year
- Work when you work best … we have flexible hours to enable you to work at your best
- 2+ years experience building complex customer facing products for the web or mobile platforms
- Strong experience using React and/or React Native and a deep understanding of state management
- You are product and delivery focused
- You are adaptable and creative, with a commitment to improvement and learning
What do you get for all your hard work?
- 4.30 finish every Friday
- 25 days Annual leave a year
- Annual off-site abroad
- Monthly cross-team lunch-and-learns & external speakers as part of a general learning culture
- Online courses to level up your skills like coding, sql or whatever else you need
- Choose your own gear, ask for the tools you need, and we’ll seek them out for you
- Employer-matched pension contribution up to 4%
- Cleo socials and activities
- Annual membership to headspace
- 2 mental-health Sanctus sessions a month
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.