About Clearwater Analytics®
Clearwater Analytics® is a global SaaS solution for automated investment data aggregation, reconciliation, accounting, and reporting. Clearwater helps thousands of organizations make the most of investment portfolio data with cloud-native software and client-centric servicing. Every day, investment professionals worldwide trust Clearwater to deliver timely, validated investment data and in-depth reporting.
Clearwater aggregates, reconciles, and reports on more than $5.5 trillion in assets across thousands of accounts daily for our Fortune 500 clients.
About the Role
Clearwater Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) employees act as full partners in making and supporting business decisions that are aimed at maximizing shareholder value. Clearwater FP&A has a strong focus on facilitating change and improvement both within finance and in the operations supported.
As a member of the Clearwater FP&A team, this role will support the team in facilitating continuous improvement and process enhancements. This position will report to the Vice President – FP&A and Investor Relations and will work to support the Financial Analysts that comprise the core FP&A team.
This position provides a unique ability to gain real world FP&A experience in a high-growth SaaS company and develop key FP&A skillsets. Hours are expected to be maintained at 25 hours per week through the end of January 2022.
- Compile, analyze and interpret financial data to support evaluation of company performance, strategic planning, reporting and ongoing business decisions
- Assist with the consolidation of financial data submissions for month-end results and forecast model updates monthly and assist with written variance analysis on a monthly basis.
- Assist with updating, developing, and maintaining monthly financial reports and operational review materials to be used by the executive management team for making strategic decisions.
- Maintenance and accuracy evaluation of financial metrics in the accounting software and cloud-based financial planning software.
- Assist with the process to create the annual budget plan.
- Assist with the process to update financial metric targets and compile metrics (monthly).
- Perform ad hoc analyses for operational and financial management.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong technical ability and desire to learn, specifically as it relates to Financial Planning and Analysis. Candidate is expected to have the capacity to work 25 hours a week consistently through the end of January 2022 and possess the following skills:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Economics, or related fields.
- Seniors with relevant coursework are preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (vlookup, pivot table, etc.).
- Ability to make decisions based on precedent and solve arising problems using sound business judgment and experience.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively. with senior leadership.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging and changing environment.
- Detailed-oriented with a commitment to producing reliable work product.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Prior internship or work experience in a Finance role
- Experience with accounting software, such as NetSuite (or desire to learn)
- Experience with cloud-based financial planning software, such as Adaptive Insights (or desire to learn)