About Clearwater Analytics®
Clearwater Analytics is a global industry-leading SaaS solution for automated investment data aggregation, reconciliation, accounting, and reporting. Each day, the Clearwater solution reports on more than $5.6 trillion in assets for clients that include leading insurers, asset managers, corporations, pension plans, governments, and nonprofit organizations – helping them make the most of their investment portfolio data with a world-class product and client-centric servicing.
Investment professionals in 50 countries trust Clearwater to deliver timely, validated investment data and in-depth reporting. Additional information about Clearwater can be found at www.clearwater-analytics.com, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
The International Controller is responsible for managing the accounting and finance efforts for our international subsidiaries, to include the day-to-day operational accounting activities, managing and executing the monthly close-related consolidation activities, providing timely and accurate reporting under US GAAP, and partnering with financial planning. The ideal candidate will be expected to exhibit the highest professional standards, ethical principles, and attention to detail while working on numerous routine and ad hoc accounting support functions.
The International Controller will be an integral part of the Finance and Accounting team, thriving in a fast-paced environment, bringing enthusiasm to the office (or zoom room), all while being a hands-on individual with consistent performance and a sense of urgency and commitment. You will be reporting to the VP Controller.
- Manage the month-end close activities, consolidation, and reporting of international subsidiaries
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations for each subsidiary by way of local team or building a process with local accountants
- Develop and maintain internal financial controls and entity level controls
- Manage relationships with auditors in each international location, ensuring timely completion of statutory audits
- Lead all treasury, compliance, and tax-related matters for each international subsidiary
- Perform monthly or quarterly reviews of balance sheet reconciliations and variance analyses
- Partner with the Global FP&A Team to support international business leaders
- Perform other ad hoc projects as directed by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant/Chartered Accountant designation preferred
- 10+ years of accounting experience with 4+ years of experience in public accounting firm or in a public company environment and previous international consolidation experience
- In-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of US GAAP/local GAAP/IFRS
- Experience with Netsuite is preferred
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of several factors
- Proven work history with progressive responsibilities and scope
- Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal