Job Title: Financial Analyst
About Clearwater Analytics®
Clearwater Analytics is a global industry-leading SaaS solution for automated investment data aggregation, reconciliation, accounting, and reporting. Each day, the Clearwater solution reports on more than $5.6 trillion in assets for clients that include leading insurers, asset managers, corporations, pension plans, governments, and nonprofit organizations – helping them make the most of their investment portfolio data with a world-class product and client-centric servicing.
Investment professionals in 50 countries trust Clearwater to deliver timely, validated investment data and in-depth reporting. Additional information about Clearwater can be found at www.clearwater-analytics.com, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
About the Role
Clearwater Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) employees act as full partners in making and supporting business decisions that are aimed at maximizing shareholder value. Clearwater FP&A has a strong focus on facilitating change and improvement both within finance and in the operations supported.
This position will report to the International Controller as a part of Clearwater’s Global FP&A team, directly supporting our international business leaders while also owning key pieces of the global FP&A process.
- Compile, analyze and interpret financial data to evaluate company performance, provide feedback, support strategic planning and ongoing business decisions
- Support the consolidation of financial data submissions for month-end results and forecast model updates monthly, and prepare written variance analysis for monthly review
- Update, develop and maintain monthly financial reports and operational review materials to be used by the executive management team for making strategic decisions
- Research and provide financial and business-related analyses to assess the impact of various corporate projects and transactions
- Partner with business leaders to provide budget vs actual analysis and forecasting
- Assist with the process to create the annual budget plan
- Assist with the process to update financial metric targets
- Perform ad hoc analyses for operational and financial management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business-related field with 3+ years relevant experience
- Advanced Excel user (vlookup, pivot table, etc.).
- Proficient user of PowerPoint, including the ability to make a variety of charts
- Ability to make decisions based on precedent and solve arising problems using sound business judgment and experience
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders and other business partners
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging and changing environment
- Ability to lead special projects working with cross functional areas throughout the company
- Detailed-oriented with a commitment to producing reliable work product
Desired Experience and Skills
- SaaS (software-as-a-service) or other technology industry related experience
- Experience with cloud-based financial planning software, such as Adaptive Insights (or desire to learn)
- Experience with accounting software, such as Netsuite (or desire to learn)