About Clearwater Analytics
Clearwater Analytics® is a global SaaS solution for automated investment data aggregation, reconciliation, accounting, and reporting. Clearwater helps thousands of organizations make the most of investment portfolio data with cloud-native software and client-centric servicing. Every day, investment professionals worldwide trust Clearwater to deliver timely, validated investment data and in-depth reporting. Clearwater aggregates, reconciles, and reports on more than $5 trillion in assets across many Fortune 500 clients.
The Cloud and Infrastructure Engineering Division is looking for a Cloud Engineer to help us shape the future of our infrastructure and evolve our practices. In this role, you’ll join a team of engineers responsible for migrating infrastructure to GCP and building out the guardrails for existing and future services within the cloud. The team you’ll be on and help grow is a talented and diverse group of engineers focused on providing security, scalability and self-service functions to the wider Development organization. This team is responsible for all aspects of GCP infrastructure including migrations, solutions architecture, project automation and security. AWS/Azure engineers are encouraged to apply for this position.
What you’ll be doing as a Cloud Engineer
- First and foremost building out maintainable infrastructure and patterns which includes GKE clusters, project automation, VPC architecture, FW modules, IAM, DNS, automated certificate infrastructure, etc.
- Partnering with existing Development teams and applications to migrate existing infrastructure to GCP
- Partnering as a solutions architect to teams with net new applications
- Expanding GCP infrastructure to include global regions
- Working closely with the SRE teams to establish baseline architecture requirements and best practices, optimization, security, and high availability
- Performing proactive monitoring, configuring and maintaining a healthy system using industry standard monitoring tools
- Utilize 'DevOps' principles and tools to improve systems and processes
- Aiding in the troubleshooting efforts at the infrastructure, container and application layers
- Logging and monitoring of critical log events
- Identify bottlenecks, opportunities, and issues in processes and systems and provide solutions to resolve them
- Extensive experience with infrastructure as code, specifically Terraform
- Examples of GCP/AWS infrastructure you’ve built out improved upon
- Scripting and Automation experience
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
- Ability to excel at problem solving, adapt easily to change, contribute while working as a team or individually
- Passion for DevOps, continuous improvement, automation, security and infrastructure
- Experience in advanced development (Python) is preferred but not required
- Experience migrating applications between traditional datacenters or AWS and GCP is a bonus