Software Development Manager – Quality Centre of Excellence (QCoE)
Clearwater Analytics (CWA) is on a mission to become the world’s most trusted and comprehensive technology platform for investment accounting and analytics. For more than a decade, we have leveraged web-based software and world-class client service to help clients such as American Family Insurance, Arch Capital, C.V. Starr & Co., Cisco, Facebook, Oracle, Selective Insurance, Sirius Group, Sompo International, Starbucks, WellCare Health Plans, Wilton Re, and many others, streamline their investment and accounting operations
We @QCoE, are looking for a Software Development Manager for our Test Automation team. The SDM will lead an existing team of talented engineers & define/drive/deliver on a roadmap of tools/frameworks/processes that aligns with organizational priorities. Our Software Development Managers are highly motivated professionals with strong technical ability, excellent people management insights and great communication skills. People who lead by example, mentor with insights and motivate for results in a dynamic environment.
About the QCoE Horizontal:
- Our vision is to raise the bar of software quality through standardization of tools, frameworks and processes. It is setup as a “horizontal” that cuts across the engineering organization to support key strategic initiatives with broader impact.
- Our 2021 goals are primarily driven by an org-wide key priority to “build CWA platform for future readiness (stability, scalability, cloud)”.
- Test Automation team @ QCoE is currently tasked to own/define/drive a roadmap of initiatives (e.g. CICD Pipeline: tools, health;Code Coverage: automation, test frameworks, etc.)
- Data Simulation & Tools team @ QCoE is tasked to own/define/drive a roadmap of frameworks /environments that simulates end-to-end data/user loads in pre-production environments for load/scale testing.
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience managing a development team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer science fundamentals - Object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Fluent in Java or similar object-oriented language
- Experience in implementing and consuming large-scale web services
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to work within multiple code bases and come up to speed on new projects quickly.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to organize multiple tasks and give timely status updates on progress toward milestones.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to contribute to software design documentation, presentation, sequence diagrams
- Ability to present complex technical designs in a concise manner.
- Ability to work with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience building highly scalable distributed software systems
- Professional experience working with Cloud Platforms (GCP/AWS/Azure)
- Experience taking a project from scoping requirements through actual launch
- Independently managing team with occasional guidance
- Setting clear expectations for direct reports and meeting frequently (at least monthly) with direct reports one-on-one
- Proactively fostering a respectful workplace culture within the team
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Familiar with build/automation tools or frameworks.
- Ability to drive full CICD setup within the organization.