Software Development Manager - Global Expansion (Amortization Team)
The Clearwater Global Expansion team builds solutions for some of the world’s largest technology firms, asset managers, and security traders. We are looking for a Software Development Manager who will lead a team of talented engineers to develop products and solutions to delight our customers across the globe. Our Software Development Managers are highly motivated professionals with strong technical ability, excellent people management insights and great communication skills. People who lead by example, mentor with insights and motivate for results in a dynamic environment.
About the Global Expansion Vertical:
- We are expanding our accounting and reporting engine to support financial regulations from around the globe, including the UK, France, the Netherlands and Asia.
- Our mission statement is: "Drive new revenue by closing gaps between our product capabilities and the needs of new clients"; we are responsible for all development deliverables required for new clients.
- Roadmap items will come from these sources:
- Deal sheets for clients who have signed a contract
- Needs discovered by Global Delivery during implementation
- Sales requests or innovative ideas that expand our ability to service prospective clients and new markets.
About the Amortization Team
The Amortization team is responsible for all aspects of calculating amortization on financial instruments for the Clearwater reporting platform. The team consists of developers, subject matter experts and a product owner. We own our projects from operational support to improving scalability and new features. We work closely with our operational staff to identify areas for improvement for both internal and external stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity for a Software Development Team Lead who would like to grow into a management role while staying technically hands-on.
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience managing a development team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer science fundamentals - Object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Fluent in Java or similar object-oriented language
- Experience in implementing and consuming large-scale web services
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to work within multiple code bases and come up to speed on new projects quickly.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to organize multiple tasks and give timely status updates on progress toward milestones.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to contribute to software design documentation, presentation, sequence diagrams
- Ability to present complex technical designs in a concise manner.
- Ability to work with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience building highly scalable distributed software systems
- Professional experience working with Cloud Platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Experience taking a project from scoping requirements through actual launch
- Managing team with occasional guidance and training from division lead
- Setting clear expectations for direct reports and meeting frequently (at least monthly) with direct reports one-on-one
- Proactively fostering a respectful workplace culture within the team