Senior Software Development Engineer - New products data/reporting platforms
About Clearwater Analytics®
Clearwater Analytics® is a global SaaS solution for automated investment data aggregation, reconciliation, accounting, and reporting. Clearwater helps thousands of organizations make the most of investment portfolio data with cloud-native software and client-centric servicing. Every day, investment professionals worldwide trust Clearwater to deliver timely, validated investment data and in-depth reporting. Clearwater aggregates, reconciles, and reports on more than $5 trillion in assets across many Fortune 500 clients.
Clearwater's mission is to become the world’s most trusted and comprehensive technology platform for investment accounting and analytics. We aim to do this by
- Empowering our clients to run efficient investment accounting operations that drive business growth
- Providing an auditable SaaS platform that facilitates integrated investment accounting, analytics, and reporting
- Creating a diverse, collaborative, innovative culture where excellence is the standard
- Contributing to our local communities to have a meaningful impact on our society
You will help accomplish this mission by being a member of the New products team, focusing on architecting a green field data and reporting platform. This team is building cloud-native, big data and scalable systems to enable API-driven, data warehouse oriented, customer self-service platforms.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and implement REST APIs.
- Design and implement highly scalable data-intensive processing systems.
- Design and implement highly scalable microservice based systems.
- Participate actively in the design and code review process across the team.
- Write high quality code with great software craftsmanship.
- Build high scalable data catalog and indexing systems.
- Design and implement NoSQL database objects such as tables/indices.
- Ensure CICD compliance for codebases.
- Participate in design discussions with product and engineering.
- BS in a software related or equivalent combination of education and experience. 4+ years professional experience in object oriented or functional programming languages (Java/Scala/Python).
- Ability to build highly scalable backend services (Microservices, polyglot storage, messaging systems, data processing pipelines).
- Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity.
- Extraordinary written and verbal skills. Ability to contribute to software design documentation, presentation, sequence diagrams and present complex technical designs in a concise manner.
- Experience working with Cloud Platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Professional experience in building distributed software systems, specializing in big data and NoSQL database technologies (Hadoop, Spark, DynamoDB, HBase, Hive, Cassandra, Vertica).
- Experience working with indexing systems such as elastic search, SOLR/Lucene.
- Ability to work with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience working with messaging systems such as Kafka/SQS/SNS.
What we offer:
- Business casual atmosphere in a flexible working environment
- Team focused culture that promotes innovation and ownership
- Access to cutting edge investment reporting technology and expertise
- Continual learning, professional development and growth opportunities
- Competitive salary and benefits package; including health, vision and dental
Clearwater Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the diverse community our employees cultivate and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.