About Clearwater Analytics®
Clearwater Analytics® is a global SaaS solution for automated investment data aggregation, reconciliation, accounting, and reporting. Clearwater helps thousands of organizations make the most of investment portfolio data with cloud-native software and client-centric servicing. Every day, investment professionals worldwide trust Clearwater to deliver timely, validated investment data and in-depth reporting.
Clearwater aggregates, reconciles, and reports on more than $3.5 trillion in assets across many Fortune 500 clients.
As the Principal Engineer you will be responsibility for establishing a technical direction for products or components and ensure alignment with our customer and business needs. You will develop and evolve architecture, oversee design and implementation correctness, lead by example through direct contribution, and provide direction in establishing development and operational practices. An ideal candidate is passionate about delivering high quality services in a growth environment. As a technical leader we are looking for someone who will bring proven experience providing technical direction and mentoring to engineering teams.
As a Principal Engineer you will be expected to
- Serve as a technical lead for the projects or components.
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Fully and completely understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Experience designing large data architecture for global highly available systems
- Exert technical influence over multiple product teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
- Set the bar for what is means to be an SDE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 8+ years professional experience in web-scale system software development
- Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
- Proven track record architecting, designing, building and delivering high quality innovative customer focused offerings on time
- Understanding of Machine Learning systems and concepts
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
- Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
- Demonstrated passion for technical leadership and mentoring
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
What We Offer:
- Team focused culture that promotes innovation and ownership
- Access to cutting edge investment reporting technology and expertise
- Continual learning, professional development and growth opportunities
- Competitive salary and benefits package; including health, vision and dental
- Additional benefits including PTO, 401(k) with 4% employer match