About Clearwater Analytics
Clearwater Analytics® is a global SaaS solution for automated investment data aggregation, reconciliation, accounting, and reporting. Clearwater helps thousands of organizations make the most of investment portfolio data with cloud-native software and client-centric servicing. Every day, investment professionals worldwide trust Clearwater to deliver timely, validated investment data and in-depth reporting. Clearwater aggregates, reconciles, and reports on more than $5 trillion in assets across many Fortune 500 clients.
Software Development Manager – Client Experience/Investment Management
The Investment Management team manages a suite of tools that our clients use for day-to-day operation of their investment portfolios. The team is responsible for both the front-end and backing web services of these tools. The team consists of full stack developers, with an assigned product manager.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager who can lead our team to support continual growth in new and innovative ways.
About the role
We have been succeeding at our mission over the past years, and are experiencing a rapid increase in the number of client accounts and data that need to be supported. In this role, you will:
- Enhance the stability of existing code and infrastructure.
- Organize efforts to migrate a large-scale on-prem environment to a public cloud provider.
- Coordinate upgrading of front-end projects to the latest web technologies.
- Communicate with customers, other technical teams, and management to identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines.
- Provide leadership and expertise to our ever-growing workforce.
- Enable career growth for team members through one-on-ones, trainings, and mentoring.
- Participate in interviews and recruiting, for growing of the team.
- Proactively drive improvements to the projects and team processes.
- 6+ years of experience in software development.
- 2+ years of experience managing a development team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer science fundamentals - Object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Fluent in Java or similar object-oriented language.
- Experience in implementing and consuming web services.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility to work within multiple code bases and come up to speed on new projects quickly.
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to organize multiple tasks and give timely status updates on progress toward milestones.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About the technology
We leverage a variety of technologies to support the development of quality software:
- Our application stack utilizes SQL Server, MongoDB, Java, Closure, AngularJS, and Angular.
- Our code is managed through git repositories housed in BitBucket.
- Application logging and monitoring is provided via Kibana, New Relic, and Grafana.
- We use Jenkins Cloudbees and DevBuild, Artifactory, Puppet, Docker, Google Cloud Platform, and in-house tooling to facilitate builds, deployment, infrastructure, and configuration.
- Automated testing is facilitated by a variety of standard and in-house tools: JUnit, Cypress, Jasmine/Karma, Pact, and WireMock.
- We support a wide variety of communication mediums: Atlassian (Jira, Confluence), Office365 (including Microsoft Teams), and Zoom.
- We provide quality hardware to support development and communication on Windows or Mac.
Clearwater Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the diverse community our employees cultivate and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.