About Clearwater Analytics®
Clearwater Analytics® is a global SaaS solution for automated investment data aggregation, reconciliation, accounting, and reporting. Clearwater helps thousands of organizations make the most of investment portfolio data with cloud-native software and client-centric servicing. Every day, investment professionals worldwide trust Clearwater to deliver timely, validated investment data and in-depth reporting.
Clearwater aggregates, reconciles, and reports on more than $5.5 trillion in assets across thousands of accounts daily for our Fortune 500 clients.
The Senior Database Administrator (DBA) will largely be responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. Primary responsibilities will include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents, daily monitoring
to ensure service-related issues are identified and resolved, responding to database related alerts and escalations, and working with infrastructure and application development teams to define strategic solutions to new and recurring problems.
This DBA role requires a service-oriented mentality and high sense of ownership. The DBA will be expected to continually look for areas of improvement in projects, products and processes to ensure efficiency, consistency and accuracy.
Self-direction and the ability to manage and allocate your time over multiple simultaneous projects are keys for success.
- Installation, Configuration, and Maintenance of the database platforms for development, testing, staging, and production environments
- Disaster Recovery and High Availability configuration including Failover Clustering, Log Shipping, Replication, and Availability Groups
- Provide support, consultation, recommendation, and assistance to multiple development teams
- Gather metrics to report, analyze, and identify performance and resource bottlenecks
- Database creation, migration, upgrades, refactoring
- Identify, monitor, review, troubleshoot, and audit database processes and procedures
- Database migration and refactoring projects
- Participation in an On-Call and Maintenance Window rotation
- Perform feasibility studies and estimates for the implementation of new or revised database strategies to solve business needs
Installation, configuration, and maintenance of the application database platform in development, testing, staging, and production environments
Disaster Recovery and High Availability configuration including Failover Clustering and AlwaysON Availability Groups. Ability to configure and troubleshoot Sql Server AlwaysON for replication.
Performance tuning, indexing strategies, stored procedure optimization and general maintenance of OLTP and reporting queries.
Detect and resolve performance and scalability issues through the use of monitoring tools like Idera, Sql Sentry, New Relic. Gather metrics to report, analyze, and identify performance and resource bottlenecks.
Work with multiple development teams to create and extend software architecture and design specifications based on complex requirements.
Implement extensive infrastructure automation via shell scripting.
Perform database creation, server migration, sql upgrades, OS patching.
Identify, monitor, review, troubleshoot, and audit database processes and procedures.
Perform feasibility studies and estimates for the implementation of new or revised database strategies to solve business needs
Participate in on-call rotation with other DBA's
5+ years’ experience in database server administration, database management and performance analytics.
Deep SQL Server, Postgresql/Mysql database programming and optimization skills particularly with experience in high transaction volume environments
Experience working on a PaaS/SaaS managing Sql Server and Cloud (AWS/GCP) databases providing critical 24x7 uptime as a Database Administrator.
Excellent technical troubleshooting abilities and techniques
Effective communication and consultation with internal and international teams and stakeholders
Knowledge of Security and configuration best practices
Bachelor's Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant career experience.
What we offer
- Headquarters in the heart of downtown Boise with a developmental office in Seattle, WA.
- Business casual atmosphere in a flexible working environment
- Team focused culture that promotes innovation and ownership
- Access to cutting edge investment reporting technology and expertise
- Continual learning, professional development and growth opportunities
- Competitive salary and benefits package; including health, vision and dental
- Additional benefits including PTO, 401(k) with 4% employer match