About Clearwater Analytics®
Clearwater Analytics® is a global SaaS solution for automated investment data aggregation, reconciliation, accounting, and reporting. Clearwater helps thousands of organizations make the most of investment portfolio data with cloud-native software and client-centric servicing. Every day, investment professionals worldwide trust Clearwater to deliver timely, validated investment data and in-depth reporting.
Clearwater aggregates, reconciles, and reports on more than $3.5 trillion in assets across many Fortune 500 clients.
The Director of Quality Assurance, Center of Excellence is a high level, strategic role providing technical guidance and direction for the newly created Quality Center of Excellence (QCOE) practice and oversight of Quality Assurance at Clearwater. Responsible for influencing QA policy decisions as they apply to the design, development, testing and delivery of application software and development processes across Clearwater. Ensures that products, applications, and systems are built and maintained in a manner that consistently meets or exceed the quality standards expected by our customers and internal partners. Drive and take ownership of the horizontal projects and deliverables supporting QCOE. Directly engage and build collaborative relationships with internal partners to ensure QCOE best practices, benchmarks and quality governance standards are being consistently adhered to and delivered in a cost-effective fashion. This QA Leader will be a strong advocate and champion for end-to-end system testing, optimized test automation, test data provisioning, CI/CD and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Enable all Development teams to move faster with higher confidence by creating automated end-to-end system tests.
- Engage with internal and external partners/vendors to advise, promote and measure adherence of QCOE best practices, policies, tooling, governance and reporting.
- Actively contribute and provide input and oversight into quality assurance strategy and decisions for supported areas and the broader QCOE practice. Stay informed on new and trending technology, tooling and practices supporting QA and associated practices.
- Chair the QCOE Tooling & Practices Roadmap Council, supporting functional and non-functional test automation frameworks, application life cycle, test data management, defect tracking and quality metrics.
- Work with Development leadership to provide strategic Quality Assurance influence through advice and counsel on aspects of information technology affecting a business area, including governance & controls and needed changes to current systems.
- Participate in strategic planning of Clearwater’s Platform, Onboarding, and Automation roadmaps, representing Quality Assurance. Work with vendor partners supporting Clearwater’s technology environment to ensure reliable, cost effective and optimized business operations and customer support.
- Promote and facilitate expanded use of Automated Testing, Test Data Management, integrated testing supporting CI/CD and Test-Driven Development (TDD) across supported areas.
- Ensure testing teams are consistently integrated into supported agile scrum teams and utilizing quality assurance principles, tooling and techniques that are appropriate to the supported platforms.
- Ensure effective administration of, and compliance with, all applicable Clearwater processes, procedures, and controls related to Software Development Quality Assurance through active monitoring, reporting and governance. Drive action on improvement priorities by summarizing trends identified, actions taken, and results defined by key metrics.
- Provides input into key decision-making activities with Development Leadership by advising on best practices and providing alternative solutions to complex issues during project execution as needed to ensure adequate quality and governance. Leads projects with moderate to large resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity in area of responsibility. Works independently with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in Development and Quality Assurance
- Minimum 3 years in a leadership role
- Possesses multiple areas of specialization spanning software quality practices & principles, testing standards & best practices, integrated tooling, test case management, automated testing, test data management (TDM), testing governance and quality analytics. Possesses broad IT experience spanning development, testing and release management.
- Previous experience supporting an enterprise-wide, metrics driven quality governance practice. Possesses expertise and experience optimizing software testing and improving overall quality by embracing technology, tooling and analytics.
- Previous experience driving deliverables supporting a Quality Center of Excellence (QCOE) and spanning; Test Governance, Continuous Integration, Cloud Migration, Automated Testing, Test Management, Test Data Management.
- Extensive experience supporting large-scale, enterprise projects following Agile methodologies - promotes and advocates for Agile.
- Knowledgeable and current on technologies and tooling that support QCOE, integrated testing with CI/CD and Test-Driven Development (TDD). Hands-on experience with AWS a plus.
- Solid experience supporting a broad spectrum of technologies, data platforms, development methodologies and infrastructure.
- Solid ability to influence and collaborate with Clearwater business and Development leadership to define service goals, objectives, and metrics through application of specialized knowledge of concepts, principles and practices in QA.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external business partners at all levels.
- Has developed cross-team roadmaps and facilitated the planning through execution while monitoring progress and results against strategic goals.
- Acts as a thought leader in researching and presenting innovative ways to solve complex QA/Testing issues. Ability to think analytically, critically and creatively in an outcome-based model to identify viable options from conception to execution
- Excellent project management skills and ability to organize and plan effectively to meet project goals in an Agile environment.
- Ability and experience collaborating with Development & Operations teams to ensure needed business subject matter experts are in place for testing design, development and execution
- Proven ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional image and approach. Acts with a sense of urgency while achieving quality results and identifying and resolving problems and issues within the scope of responsibility.
What we offer:
- Headquarters in the heart of downtown Boise
- Business casual atmosphere in a flexible working environment
- Team focused culture that promotes innovation and ownership
- Access to cutting edge investment reporting technology and expertise
- Continual learning, professional development and growth opportunities
- Competitive salary and benefits package; including health, vision and dental
- Additional benefits including PTO, 401(k) with 4% employer match