We are looking for a highly experienced engineer to help us scale our many databases. The right candidate for this highly visible role will join the platform engineering group that will transform the Clearwater architecture to achieve dramatic improvements in scale and performance.
The individual user experience is of utmost importance, but we must strike the right balance with business scalability, the ability to scale our fast-growing engineering organization while maintaining high velocity AND enable streamlined integration with data suppliers and other pieces of the finance ecosystem. You'll be comfortable analyzing data access patterns, recommending technologies, communicating up, down, and across the organization, and establishing and teaching best practices for data access.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, design, implement, and drive complex database changes within the organization
- Re-architect database infrastructure to drastically improve performance, scalability and efficiency
- Solve complex performance issues while we migrate to a next-generation architecture.
- Spearhead a massive "step-change” improvement in Clearwater's database infrastructure
- Solve highly complex system architecture issues especially relating to the database infrastructure
- Effective communication and consultation with internaland international teams and stakeholders
- Deep experience in performance tuning, indexing strategies, query plan, and stored procedure optimization
- Experience architecting and engineering critical systems in a highly complex scalable infrastructure.
- Experience working with a variety of different database tools and technologies such as MS-SQL, AWS Aurora Postgres, AWS Dynamo, Mongo DB and Cassandra
- Deep understanding of Database Engineering Concepts and Best Practices
- Proven track record of driving significant architectural changes that shift business outcomes
- Highly motivated to solve difficult technical problems
What we offer:
- Headquarters in the heart of downtown Boise
- Business casual atmosphere in a flexible working environment
- Team focused culture that promotes innovation and ownership
- Access to cutting edge investment reporting technology and expertise
- Continual learning, professional development and growth opportunities
- Competitive salary and benefits package; including health, vision and dental
- Additional benefits including PTO, 401(k) with 4% employer match
About Clearwater Analytics®
Clearwater Analytics® is a global SaaS solution for automated investment data aggregation, reconciliation, accounting, and reporting. Clearwater helps thousands of organizations make the most of investment portfolio data with cloud-native software and client-centric servicing. Every day, investment professionals worldwide trust Clearwater to deliver timely, validated investment data and in-depth reporting.