About Clearwater Analytics®
Clearwater Analytics® is a global SaaS solution for automated investment data aggregation, reconciliation, accounting, and reporting. Clearwater helps thousands of organizations make the most of investment portfolio data with cloud-native software and client-centric servicing. Every day, investment professionals worldwide trust Clearwater to deliver timely, validated investment data and in-depth reporting.
Clearwater aggregates, reconciles, and reports on more than $3 trillion in assets across thousands of accounts daily for Fortune 500 clients.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our diverse development team. You will spend much of your time learning new technologies and concepts, applying this knowledge and experience to solve complex problems in new and interesting ways. You will use industry standard DevOps best practices and procedures as well as applications developed within our team to effectively manage and scale our development environment to accommodate our rapidly growing company.
- Monitor and maintain our production and lower environments (Staging, Test, Dev, etc.): Virtual machines, operating systems, and applications/services.
- Support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier Java applications, using Jenkins, Puppet and custom tools.
- Work closely with other operations teams to establish infrastructure requirements and best practices, including resource optimization, security, high availability and resource planning.
- Perform proactive application monitoring, configuring and maintaining a healthy system using industry standard monitoring tools.
- Utilize 'DevOps' principles and tools to improve systems and processes
- Aid in the troubleshooting efforts at the infrastructure, container and application layers
- Configure logging and monitoring of critical log events
- Solid Linux administration and troubleshooting knowledge: Knows commands and utilities, skilled at log file analysis, system health, tuning, etc.
- Experience in any of the Configuration Management tools: Puppet (preferred), Ansible, Chef or Salt
- Familiarity with Java, the Java Runtime Environment, and Java web application containers configuration and performance tuning (e.g. Tomcat)
- Scripting skills in at least one of the following: Perl, Python, Shell, Bash, or Ruby
- Ability to excel at problem solving, adapt easily to change, contribute while working as a team or individually
- Passion for DevOps, systems monitoring, automation and uptime
- Experience working with web servers like Apache or Tomcat
- Ruby development/scripting
- Experience in Build tools like Grunt, Bower, Maven or Rake
- Experience leading a diverse team in system operations
- Capable leader who orients team members, assigns large tasks, and oversees the execution of these tasks.
- Able to coordinate team efforts during an incident, remains calm and objective, and deals with escalating pressure effectively.
Clearwater is an equal opportunity employer. To all recruitment agencies: Clearwater does not accept agency resumes. Clearwater is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes