The Database Administrator (DBA) will largely be responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. Primary responsibilities will include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests; fulfilling requests and resolving incidents; daily monitoring ensure service-related issues are identified and resolved; responding to database related alerts and escalations; and working with infrastructure and application development teams to define strategic solutions to new and recurring problems.
This DBA role requires a service-oriented mentality and high sense of ownership. The DBA will be expected to continually look for areas of improvement in projects, products and processes to ensure efficiency, consistency and accuracy. Self-direction and the ability to manage and allocate your time over multiple simultaneous projects are keys for success.
- Installation, Configuration, and Maintenance of the database platforms for development, testing, staging, and production environments
- Disaster Recovery and High Availability configuration including Failover Clustering, Log Shipping, Replication, and Availability Groups
- Provide support, consultation, recommendation, and assistance to multiple development teams
- Gather metrics to report, analyze, and identify performance and resource bottlenecks
- Database creation, migration, upgrades, refactoring
- Identify, monitor, review, troubleshoot, and audit database processes and procedures
- Database migration and refactoring projects
- Participation in an On-Call and Maintenance Window rotation
- Perform feasibility studies and estimates for the implementation of new or revised database strategies to solve business needs
- Proficiency and broad experience in SQL Server and T-SQL code
- Excellent technical troubleshooting abilities and techniques
- Effective communication and consultation with internal and international teams and stakeholders
- Performance tuning, indexing strategies, query plan, and stored procedure optimization
- Knowledge of Security and configuration best practices
- SQL Server Transactional Replication
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology, or relevant career experience.
- Extensive hands-on DBA experience in Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with backend databases supporting internet-facing multi-tiered applications
- Experience with AWS or other cloud migration projects
About Clearwater Analytics®
Clearwater Analytics® is a global SaaS solution for automated investment data aggregation, reconciliation, accounting, and reporting. Clearwater helps thousands of organizations make the most of investment portfolio data with cloud-native software and client-centric servicing. Every day, investment professionals worldwide trust Clearwater to deliver timely, validated investment data and in-depth reporting.