About Clearwater Analytics®
Clearwater Analytics® is a global SaaS solution for automated investment data aggregation, reconciliation, accounting, and reporting. Clearwater helps thousands of organizations make the most of investment portfolio data with cloud-native software and client-centric servicing. Every day, investment professionals worldwide trust Clearwater to deliver timely, validated investment data and in-depth reporting.Clearwater aggregates, reconciles, and reports on more than $3 trillion in assets across thousands of accounts daily for our Fortune 500 clients.
Clearwater Analytics is looking for a VP, Corporate Controller, who will lead, manage and support the company’s accounting operations and financial reporting. This will include development and implementation of accounting policies, generating monthly financials and analysis, as well as working with the business operations to scale commercial activities. You will report directly to the CFO.
- Managing and directing all accounting functions and controls including revenue recognition, expense accrual, balance sheet reviews and month end close processes, to ensure timely and accurate closing and preparation of financial statements and other information in accordance with US GAAP.
- Acting as the primary interface with the company’s external auditors to help facilitate the timely and efficient completion of all audit procedures.
Working as a business partner to the leadership teams to provide internal reporting and analysis regarding the Company’s business activities. Establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, procedures, and controls to verify the integrity of systems and data
- Spearhead the approach for new accounting guidelines for effective adoption.
- Ensuring that effective internal controls over financial reporting are in place and compliance with GAAP and applicable international and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Overseeing the activities of the accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger and payroll functions to ensure the accurate and timely processing and management with a view to continuous improvement.
- Working with outside resources to ensure timely and accurate compliance with all laws and regulations relating to income, sales/use, franchise and other taxes applicable to the company.
- Working with Legal team to ensure appropriate administration of and accounting for the company’s stock plans.
- Driving organization improvements and motivating the team to develop the best accounting team possible.
- BA/BS in Accounting, or in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- 15+ years of relevant experience as an external auditor and/or managing accounting functions and teams for a large and growing organizations
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and a bias for action
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to use those skills to influence and drive change
- Demonstrated experience with accomplishing things through others and getting things executed
- Excellent technical accounting, verbal, and written communication skills to explain results and proposals across varying levels of experience within the organization
Desired Experience and Skills
- Big 4 audit experience for a minimum of four years
- Experience with software company accounting, particularly revenue recognition
- Experience with accounting for acquisitions and integration of accounting functions of acquired entities
- Experience with NetSuite accounting system and system conversions
- Experience with managing an accounting team across multiple subsidiaries and locations
What we offer
- Headquarters in the heart of downtown Boise
- Business casual atmosphere in a flexible working environment
- Team focused culture that promotes innovation and ownership
- Access to cutting edge investment reporting technology and expertise
- Continual learning, professional development and growth opportunities
- Competitive salary and benefits package; including health, vision and dental
- Additional benefits including PTO, 401(k) with 4% employer match