Clearwater Development Department Highlights:
- We host an annual development conference with 20+ presentations, labs and demonstrations
- ‘Lunch & learns’ where teams will choose a topic or technology and dig in
- Our developers attend conferences both locally and regionally
- We also host our developer’s local user groups
- The majority of our engineer’s day is spent solving challenging problems
- We do our best to hire sharp engineers and let them be engineers
- We have over 30 development teams working together in a micro services architecture and an Agile environment
- We use cutting edge technologies
- Our main code base is written in Java with a Microsoft SQL Server back-end
- We also have some teams & projects utilizing functional programming languages like Clojure along with MongoDB
- We lean on our engineers to keep their ear to the ground as we certainly want to hear if there are other tools out there that may be useful to us
What you’ll be doing as a Systems Software Developer:
- Working on a team alongside other talented engineers developing quality software that is used by some of the world’s largest technology firms, fixed income asset managers, and custodian banks
- Owning critical processes that are highly available and scalable
- Producing tremendous feature enhancements and reacting quickly to emerging technologies
- Encouraging collaboration and stimulating creativity
- Helping mentor entry-level developers
- Contributing to design and architectural decisions
- Providing leadership and expertise to our ever-growing workforce
- Software Development experience, including hands-on development work and object-oriented design.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, C++, C#, Python, Go, or shell scripting.
- Experience with Linux operating systems internals and administration
- Experience with Agile development process.
- Understanding of continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD)
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Nice to have:
- Experience in a software engineering role with a devops or infrastructure focus.
- Experience or understanding of scalable infrastructure for a service-oriented architecture.
- Experience with a cloud platform such as Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure.
- Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm.
- Experience with Puppet or other configuration management tools.
What we offer:
- Headquarters in the heart of downtown Boise
- Business casual atmosphere in a flexible working environment
- Team focused culture that promotes innovation and ownership
- Access to cutting edge investment reporting technology and expertise
- Continual learning, professional development and growth opportunities
- Competitive salary and benefits package; including health, vision and dental
- Additional benefits including PTO, 401(k) with 4% employer match
About Clearwater Analytics®
Clearwater Analytics® is a global SaaS solution for automated investment data aggregation, reconciliation, accounting, and reporting. Clearwater helps thousands of organizations make the most of investment portfolio data with cloud-native software and client-centric servicing. Every day, investment professionals worldwide trust Clearwater to deliver timely, validated investment data and in-depth reporting.