About Clear Street:
Clear Street is building financial infrastructure for today’s institutions. Founded in 2018, Clear Street is an independent, non-bank prime broker replacing the legacy infrastructure used across capital markets.
We started from scratch by building a completely cloud-native clearing and custody system designed for today’s complex, global market. Our platform is fully integrated with central clearing houses and exchanges to support billions in trading volume per day. We’ve agonized about our data model abstractions, created horizontal scalability, and crafted thoughtful APIs. All so we can provide a best-in-class experience for our clients.
By combining highly-skilled product and engineering talent with seasoned finance professionals, we’re building the essentials to compete in today’s fast-paced markets.
- You will be the tech lead for a team in the Clear Street infrastructure group. if there is a fit, there is an opportunity to manage a team in the Clear Street infrastructure group, owning the execution of work, team functioning, and personnel management.
- You will work closely with the INFRA lead on roadmap and execution planning.
- You will mentor and guide the engineers on the team, providing technical leadership.
- You will be the technical lead of your team, ensuring an appropriate solutioning path for work being executed.
- You will take ownership of our infrastructure; designing and implementing new deployment solutions that scale.
- You will build common services and libraries used by all engineering teams, such as authorization, secret management, deployment control, and more.
- You will design and implement developer experience and platform solutions, collaborating with developers to implement coding practices that allow for test, configuration, and deployment automation.
- You will work closely with all engineering teams across the company to understand, design, and implement solutions that improve productivity and impact for our business.
- You will collaborate with other engineers to improve system performance, resolve sources of latency, and improve stability as you extend reach and functionality.
- You will act as a voice of experience for CI/CD, resource provisioning, and platform building best practices; mentoring our team on best practices.
An engineer is only as good as their tools, and as an Infrastructure Engineer you will work with a team of passionate and highly collaborative engineers to build the best in class common services and tooling for Clear Street. You will own the design, implementation, and maintenance of services and tools that ensures our engineers are able to work at their best level, smoothing out the bumps of development and creating an engineering experience that borders on "magical". In addition to tackling these non trivial problems, you'll help shape development workflows across Clear Street, setting standards on how we design, engineer, and enhance our core applications.
You'll be working as a key part of the Infrastructure team -- a part of the bedrock that defines Clear Street engineering -- being a voice of experience in the team, evolving our technical standards and best practices, and furthering our culture of engineering excellence.
The Tech Stack:
- Kubernetes, AWS, Kafka, Postgres, Snowflake, Datadog, Go/Java/Python services, Argo, Temporal, GitHub, Protobuf, gRPC, Tilt, Terraform, Helm Charts, etc.
- You have a Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science and deep foundational knowledge of low level systems.
- You have configured CI/CD pipelines, utilizing tools like GitLab, GitHub or similar.
- You have strong coding abilities and are comfortable building software in languages like Python, Go, or shell scripting.
- You are proficient with UNIX/Linux-based systems & corresponding command line tools
- You have strong expertise managing and troubleshooting container/clustering environments like Kubernetes.
- You are passionate about exploring new technologies.
- You live to move fast and release; developing with velocity while balancing correctness and accuracy.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- You are a compassionate and empathetic leader, leading in the well-being and execution ability of your team.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing talented team, where you can make a difference.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features.
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.
We are considering Senior Level candidates for this role. The Senior Level Base Salary Range is $170,000 - $240,000. These ranges are representative of the starting base salaries for this role at Clear Street. Which range a candidate fits into and where a candidate falls in the range will be based on job related factors such as relevant experience, skills, and location. These ranges represent Base Salary only, which is just one element of Clear Street's total compensation. The ranges stated do not include other factors of total compensation such as bonuses or equity.
At Clear Street, we offer competitive compensation packages, company equity, 401k matching, gender neutral parental leave, and full medical, dental and vision insurance. Our belief has always been that we are better as a business when we are all together in person. As such, beginning on January 2, 2023, we are requiring employees to be in the office 4 days per week. In-office benefits include lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, happy hours, a great location, and amazing views.
Our top priority is our people. We’re continuously investing in a culture that promotes collaboration. We help each other through challenges and celebrate each other's successes. We believe that modern workplaces succeed by virtue of having high-performance workforces that are diverse — in ideas, in cultures, and in experiences. We put in the effort to make such a workplace a daily reality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. #Li-Hybrid