About Clear Street:
Clear Street is building modern infrastructure for capital markets. Founded in 2018 by top Wall Street and Silicon Valley veterans, Clear Street is an independent, non-bank prime broker designed to solve the industry’s most neglected problem: legacy technology.
We have built a proprietary, cloud-native clearing and custody system from the ground floor to replace the outdated infrastructure used across capital markets. Our platform is fully integrated with central clearing houses and exchanges to support billions in trading volume per day. We’ve agonized about our data model abstractions, created horizontal scalability, and crafted thoughtful APIs. All so we can provide a best-in-class experience for our clients.
By combining highly-skilled product and engineering talent with seasoned finance professionals, we’re building the essentials to compete in today’s fast-paced markets.
Your team will own risk management across Clear Street's European business lines, playing a crucial role in the success of our growing business. As a Risk Director, you will contribute to successfully creating, evolving, and executing risk frameworks and best practices. This is a client facing risk role that provides the opportunity to expand both your quantitative and client facing skill-sets.
- Monitor intraday and end of day risk and margin requirements across clients in US, Europe and other international market
- Escalate risk issues to Risk Committee and senior management
- Lead the design and build of margin and stress test methodology for international markets
- Generate and automate ad-hoc reports to highlight key risk factors across client portfolios
- Cover for US team in pre market hours - monitoring risk and escalating to senior management as appropriate
- Analyze client sample portfolios and communicate risk observations and methodology as part of PB pitch
- Work with Risk Engineering on projects related to overall risk/margin platform builds
- 7+ years’ experience in prime brokerage risk, trading risk role covering Equities and Fixed Income at a bank or buy/sell side or hedge fund
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Econ, Math, Financial Engineering, and Master’s degree in similar fields preferred
- Python and SQL coding skills preferred
- Takes initiative and is a strong team player
- Strong oral and written communication skills: ability to communicate to clients on risk methodology and risk profile of their portfolios
- Strong project management skills/ability to work on projects and partner closely with our engineering team
- Strong analytical and quantitative aptitude
- Experience with risk policy design and implementation
- Right to work in the UK
Our top priority is our people. We’re continuously investing in a culture that promotes collaboration. We help each other through challenges and celebrate each other's successes. We believe that modern workplaces succeed by virtue of having high-performance workforces that are diverse — in ideas, in cultures, and in experiences. We put in the effort to make such a workplace a daily reality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. #LI-Onsite