About Clear Street:
Clear Street is building modern infrastructure for capital markets. Founded in 2018 by top Wall Street and Silicon Valley veterans, Clear Street is an independent, non-bank prime broker designed to solve the industry’s most neglected problem: legacy technology.
We have built a proprietary, cloud-native clearing and custody system from the ground floor to replace the outdated infrastructure used across capital markets. Our platform is fully integrated with central clearing houses and exchanges to support billions in trading volume per day. We’ve agonized about our data model abstractions, created horizontal scalability, and crafted thoughtful APIs. All so we can provide a best-in-class experience for our clients.
By combining highly-skilled product and engineering talent with seasoned finance professionals, we’re building the essentials to compete in today’s fast-paced markets.
- You will help Infrastructure engineering leadership with prioritizing security needs and tasks within Clear Street’s infrastructure, identified both internally and by Security and Compliance counterparts.
- You will develop, document, and communicate security & compliance best practices for Infrastructure and for Clear Street engineering.
- You will help push forward our security & compliance posture at Clear Street for Infrastructure.
- You will act as a voice of experience for CI/CD and resource provisioning; mentoring our team on best practices.
- You will gain experience on a growing, innovative team.
An engineer is only as good as their tools, and as an Infrastructure Engineer you will work with a team of passionate and highly collaborative engineers to build the best in class common services and tooling for Clear Street. You will own the design, implementation, and maintenance of services and tools that ensures our engineers are able to work at their best level, smoothing out the bumps of development and creating an engineering experience that borders on "magical". In addition to tackling these non trivial problems, you'll help shape development workflows across Clear Street, setting standards on how we design, engineer, and enhance our core applications.
You'll be working as a key part of the Infrastructure team -- a part of the bedrock that defines Clear Street engineering -- being a voice of experience in the team, evolving our technical standards and best practices, and furthering our culture of engineering excellence.
- You have a Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science and deep foundational knowledge of low level systems.
- You have deep knowledge and experience with AWS IAM implementation and best practices.
- You have hands-on experience with vulnerability identification & remediation.
- You have working knowledge and experience with common IaaS and PaaS solutions, primarily networking, compute (EC2), storage (RDS, DynamoDB), containerization (Kubernetes), and messaging.
- You have working knowledge and experience with CI/CD solutions & tooling.
- You have strong coding abilities and are comfortable building software in languages like Python, Go, or shell scripting.
- You are passionate about exploring new technologies.
- You live to move fast and release; developing with pace and velocity.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features.
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.
We are considering Mid and Senior Level candidates for this role. The Mid Level Base Salary Range is $140,000 - $190,000. The Senior Level Base Salary Range is $170,000 - $240,000. These ranges are representative of the starting base salaries for this role at Clear Street. Which range a candidate fits into and where a candidate falls in the range will be based on job related factors such as relevant experience, skills, and location. These ranges represent Base Salary only, which is just one element of Clear Street's total compensation. The ranges stated do not include other factors of total compensation such as bonuses or equity.
At Clear Street, we offer competitive compensation packages, company equity, 401k matching, gender neutral parental leave, and full medical, dental and vision insurance. Our belief has always been that we are better as a business when we are all together in person. As such, beginning on January 2, 2023, we are requiring employees to be in the office 4 days per week. In-office benefits include lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, happy hours, a great location, and amazing views.
Our top priority is our people. We’re continuously investing in a culture that promotes collaboration. We help each other through challenges and celebrate each other's successes. We believe that modern workplaces succeed by virtue of having high-performance workforces that are diverse — in ideas, in cultures, and in experiences. We put in the effort to make such a workplace a daily reality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.