About Clear Street Markets:
Clear Street Markets provides liquidity and transparency to electronic financial markets across the globe. Our skilled team of cross-functional experts engage in quantitative and algorithmic trading to generate exceptional results in highly competitive and rapidly changing global financial markets.
The dynamic real-time environment of market making means participants must be quick and calculated. Our researchers and data scientists work tirelessly to find patterns in massive amounts of noisy data that our sophisticated traders then use to guide their complex strategies.
We share ideas and collaborate to maximize our differing experiences and backgrounds, drawing inspiration from academia and parallel industries. Our teams employ state-of-the-art technologies and research methods to help find the next great trading opportunity.
By bringing together highly-skilled researchers, data scientists, and seasoned trading professionals in a collaborative, pragmatic environment, Clear Street Markets is able to thrive in today’s fast-paced markets.
You will understand, design, and implement scalable, reliable and efficient technical solutions, leveraging ultra low-latency C++ code that our market business and trading activities rely on.
As a member of the Core Engineering team, you will work closely with other engineers, researchers and traders across the firm.
Strong C++ programming skills and OO design patterns
- minimum intermediate level template programming
- polymorphic hierarchy
- Good understanding of various STL containers and their optimal usage
- Good with data structures and algorithms especially with a large dataset
- Analytical skills and algorithmic complexity understanding
System programming (doesn’t need to be as advanced as gateway and market data parser dev)
- Concurrency and multithreading
- Networking programming with socket in TCP and UDP
- IPC mechanism especially shard memory based
- Aware of optimization over multicore architecture
- understand memory hierarchy and management, how to write memory efficient, cache locality preserving code
- understand efficient and low latency file I/O
- Understand how various sources of data can be handled in Python environment including HDF, CSV, JSON and binary data
- Dataframe based data manipulation, analytics and visualization
- Jupyter notebook usage
Experience with market data and order entry
- Doesn’t need to know the actual market data or order entry protocol and implementation
- Need to understand the full depth order book mechanics
- Various order types and how they are handled in the matching engine
Basic quantitative skills and knowledge
- Basic understanding of statistics and probability, regression
- Usage of python based quantitative packages
Additional Experience but not Necessary
Experience with a simulator development
- Event based simulation architecture
- Emulating market data and matching engine
- Understanding various fill models
- Risk check and management
- PNL calculation
- Order management
- Quantitative parameter optimization
- Understanding of the general high frequency strategy framework
Alpha signal architecture and management of signal features
- How to blend heterogenous signals and optimize them
Knowledge of market microstructure
- liquidity taking and market making
- Understand the asset class or exchange specific market microstructure
- different matching algos for different securities
- latency perspective
- how fragmented markets work
- dark pool
- consolidated feeds
- market status
- product structure
- implied prices
The Base Salary Range for this role is $150,000 - $250,000.
We are requiring new employees to be in the office 4 days per week.