About Clear Street:
Clear Street is building modern infrastructure for capital markets. Founded in 2018 by top Wall Street and Silicon Valley veterans, Clear Street is an independent, non-bank prime broker designed to solve the industry’s most neglected problem: legacy technology.
We have built a proprietary, cloud-native clearing and custody system from the ground floor to replace the outdated infrastructure used across capital markets. Our platform is fully integrated with central clearing houses and exchanges to support billions in trading volume per day. We’ve agonized about our data model abstractions, created horizontal scalability, and crafted thoughtful APIs. All so we can provide a best-in-class experience for our clients.
By combining highly-skilled product and engineering talent with seasoned finance professionals, we’re building the essentials to compete in today’s fast-paced markets.
The FACT team is responsible for several key data products which enable Clear Street’s systems and personnel to operate with confidence and speed. These products include security and pricing master, corporate actions, and streaming market data as well as a number of other key reference datasets. The FACT team takes on the task of collecting inputs from various sources including vendors, public sources, and internal teams and organizing them into cohesive data products which serve as the authoritative source of reference data within the firm.
The services which allow this data to be accessed in a flexible and responsive manner are key to the FACT team delivering these critical datasets throughout the firm. Building these services requires thoughtful API design and the use of strategic caching and robust signaling. The accuracy and timeliness of this data are a fundamental building block of Clear Street’s platform.
As an experienced Software Engineer on the FACT Team, you will work with a team of passionate and highly collaborative engineers to build out our core Platform. You will own the design and implementation of new features and services, turning the complexity of processing financial transactions across various asset classes into highly scalable services. You will tackle non trivial problems that will challenge you to flex your system design muscles, balance trade offs, and implement clean efficient code. As a voice of experience in the team, you will help mentor teammates, evolve our technical standards and best practices, and further our culture of system designs.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience implementing highly scalable services (we implement our code in Golang (Go)
- You demonstrate confidence in designing and building flexible APIs which enable a microservice architecture to reliably deliver consistent data
- You have contributed to systems that deliver solutions to complex business problems that handle massive amounts of data. You are drawn towards scale, distributed systems, and associated technologies.
- You have a strong command over object-oriented design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- Your experience will help you mentor team members, define our engineering standards, and drive a system design approach to building new services.
FACT Team Stack: Go, gRPC, Python, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Kafka, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features.
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.
We are considering Mid and Senior Level candidates for this role. The Mid Level Base Salary Range is $140,000 - $190,000. The Senior Level Base Salary Range is $170,000 - $240,000. These ranges are representative of the starting base salaries for this role at Clear Street. Which range a candidate fits into and where a candidate falls in the range will be based on job related factors such as relevant experience, skills, and location. These ranges represent Base Salary only, which is just one element of Clear Street's total compensation. The ranges stated do not include other factors of total compensation such as bonuses or equity.
At Clear Street, we offer competitive compensation packages, company equity, 401k matching, gender neutral parental leave, and full medical, dental and vision insurance. Our belief has always been that we are better as a business when we are all together in person. As such, beginning on January 2, 2023, we are requiring employees to be in the office 4 days per week. In-office benefits include lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, happy hours, a great location, and amazing views.
Our top priority is our people. We’re continuously investing in a culture that promotes collaboration. We help each other through challenges and celebrate each other's successes. We believe that modern workplaces succeed by virtue of having high-performance workforces that are diverse — in ideas, in cultures, and in experiences. We put in the effort to make such a workplace a daily reality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.