About Clear Street:
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
At Clear Street, our risk and margin functions collaborate closely as members of the same team. Your team will own risk and margin across Clear Street's business lines, playing a crucial role in the success of our growing business. This is a highly impactful position that provides the opportunity to expand both your quantitative and client facing skillsets.
- Work with the team to automate daily risk and margin reports for clients and internal prop/flow desks.
- Work on setting and monitoring risk limits.
- Work with the team and engineers on projects related to risk and margin platform builds.
- Interact with key stakeholders internally to explain any margin and risk related questions.
- 0-3 years’ previous experience preferred, but not required.
- High degree of attention to detail and ability to manage complex processes, along with the judgment to balance risk/benefit tradeoffs.
- Meaningful analytical and problem-solving skills, with a degree in a quantitative discipline.
- Programming and/or database expertise; ability to transform concepts and ideas into robust, automated tasks.
- Comfort developing relationships across functional groups and business units.
- Familiarity with financial markets and quantitative investment approaches.
- High degree of motivation and commitment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as thrive in a team environment.
- An advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, finance, engineering, or physics.
- Prior experience developing Python/VBA/SQL/Tableau applications.
- Investment industry experience, preferably with Prime Brokerage firms, Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, or Trading/Market Making desk.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Room to innovate, solve complex business problems and build new products.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.