About Clear Street:
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets by offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based technology empowers clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. We’ve built a cutting-edge technology platform that powers unprecedented real-time insights and unprecedented client efficiency.
Clear Street is committed to providing simple access to markets around the world. By building a platform using modern technologies, we provide our clients an innovative, premium trading experience. As a member of the security team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape Clear Street’s maturing security program and influence the security foundation for all our products and services. If you’re interested in joining a high-growth, fast-paced company that is revolutionizing Wall Street, come join Clear Street.
- Build security strategies and solutions designed to help secure Clear Street and reduce friction on our employees and customers.
- Help design and implement the overall cybersecurity and privacy risk management program.
- Serve as a security subject matter expert for departments within the company.
- Test for vulnerabilities in Clear Street’s systems and address any issues accordingly.
- Implement security measures across the company’s IT infrastructure and ensure our data and network is effectively protected.
- Support compliance related activities and assessments.
- Help identify and remediate security incidents.
- Be supported in your professional growth in cybersecurity and have unique opportunities for learning in a fast-growing financial startup.
- You have broad knowledge of cyber security as a discipline including system and network architecture, compliance and audits, security operations, and incident response. You are not necessarily an expert in all areas, but should have familiarity with all.
- You have experience with a broad set of cybersecurity products and architectures. Hands on experience is not a must, but awareness of the marketplace for products like EDR, SIEM, SSO, and IAM is a must.
- You have worked as a security engineer in a cloud native environment or in an environment that had a heavy cloud focus.
- Understanding of secure configurations for desktop and cloud infrastructure environments.
- Working knowledge of a compliance framework such as NIST CSF, SOC 2, or ISO 27001.
- Ideally some knowledge of CI/CD and kubernetes based environments.
- Some experience with public speaking. Our security team focuses on outreach and communication and there are many opportunities to “take the stage” with internal audiences through training, table top simulations, and analysis activities.
- Experience navigating procurement and pricing activities. As our program grows we will be adding on more supporting tech, and security will be an active participant in the procurement process.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.