About Clear Street:
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
At Clear Street, our risk and margin functions collaborate closely as members of the same team. Your team will own risk and margin across Clear Street's business lines, playing a crucial role in the success of our growing business. This is a highly impactful position that provides the opportunity to expand both your quantitative and client facing skillsets.
- Work with margin team to ensure Reg margin calculations (Reg T, PM, Day Trading Calls, etc.) are in order.
- Issue Margin/Risk calls, track and escalate to management as appropriate.
- Help out with Wires, ACAT, and ‘what if’ scenarios.
- Drive internal margin/risk platform improvement projects
- Interact with key internal and external stakeholders to explain any regulatory margin related questions.
- Deep understanding on Federal Reserve Reg T, Portfolio Margin and FINRA rule 4210 for various trading strategies and processing margin calls.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4+years of experience in financial services.
- Analytical skills, problem solving ability, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal / external clients with differing levels of product experience.
- Strong project management skills to drive state-of-the-art technology projects to disrupt PB business.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast moving environment. Team oriented approach to sharing workload and leverage skill sets.
- Familiarity with Excel / VBA macros, SQL, and other basic programming.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration
- Room to innovate, solve complex business problems and build new products
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks