At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As a member of our Data Operations team, you will sit at the center of our company, providing direct value to the business and engineering organizations. You will collaborate with passionate engineers and diverse stakeholders. You will own complex, multidimensional challenges of scale, enabling the future of Clear Street. Our engineering culture values innovation, creating a great experience for stakeholders, and the ability to learn and adapt to new situations.
- Own the design and implementation of our data specific infrastructure.
- Work with engineers on the data and the infrastructure team.
- Build tooling and monitoring that allows our data team to scale securely.
- Operate our Snowflake data warehouse as a core part of the data platform.
- Utilize your Python coding abilities and expertise in SQL schema design and management.
- Utilize your deep experience with modern infra tooling, including terraform, kubernetes, docker, and argo, and continuously explore new tools that will help us scale.
- You have 2+ years of Data and Site Reliability engineering experience in large-scale environments.
- You've worked with modern data warehouses and understand how data moves both internally and externally.
- You are a Python language expert and understand how to support a Python codebase.
- You have experience working with Terraform, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- You have strong communication skills and are comfortable navigating a variety of styles.
- You've managed and delivered complex projects and are confident in your project management abilities.
- You are comfortable utilizing Python libraries, including Pandas and SQLAlchemy.
- You have past experience working with financial data.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features.
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.