About Clear Street:
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As a Senior Software Engineer focusing on our Risk platform, you will work closely with risk managers and engineers to build our suite of real-time risk services. You will tackle nontrivial problems that will challenge you to flex your system design muscles, balance tradeoffs, and implement clean efficient code. As a voice of experience in the team, you will help mentor teammates, evolve our technical standards and best practices, and further our culture of system designs.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience implementing highly scalable services (we implement our code in Golang (Go), but you may be more experienced in Java or C++).
- You have contributed to systems that deliver solutions to complex business problems that handle massive amounts of data. You are drawn towards scale, distributed systems, and associated technologies.
- You prioritize end user experience and it shows in your APIs design, functionality, and performance.
- You have a strong command over object-oriented design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- Your experience will help you mentor team members, define our engineering standards, and drive a system design approach to building new services.
Risk Team Stack: Go, gRPC, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features.
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks